1989 SC for sale *reduced*

quicksilver77

1989 Super Coupe for sale - $1400 OBO.
235km, 5 speed.
Black ext.
grey cloth int.
Good body, just starting to go.
May need brake work.
Car runs, is complete, still lots of boost.
Needs to go, this is a great deal!!!
Car is located in Elmira, ON
email tbirdsc@canada.com or call (519) 496-5566 for more info, etc.

Bill,

I got your reply email. If you could provide some pics, it would really help me in making a decision.

I'll keep an eye out for them.

Cheers,

Sean

Obviously those pics weren't taken recently, but if the car hasn't deteriorated since those photos were shot, it looks way too good to become a parts car.

I'll talk to Alecia and see if I might make it a good Winter-beater/daily driver SC. ...Lord knows I've got lots of spare parts for it.

Cheers,

Sean

Bill,

When was the last time the car passed an etest? I still feel the sting of buying that Festiva sight-unseen and then having to bail on it because it couldn't pass an etest. I don't want to get into the same situation with this SC. What about the safety? Any idea what it would need to pass? You mentioned the brakes might be iffy, mainly because it sat for so long. Are the floors solid? Does the ebrake work?

Cheers,

Sean

car

Hi Sean,

The e-test question is a good one, to be honest it's never had one. I remember hearing these SC are good at passing, if the cat is still working and 02 sensors they pass most of the time because of the clean burning 91+ octane they use.
The e-brake works, the floors are solid, the brakes aren't stuck...rotors are pretty rusty.
Not too sure what it needs for safety. It's a really solid car, definitely worth a look.

Bill
tbirdsc@canada.com

Back