question about the top sc's!!!!

aplvlydrtybird

just was pondering a lil and looking at the top sc's to see what i could run with my mods, and i was wondering/thinking about why all the top sc's until #12 are earlier style sc's??? any reason for that, now i know the later models (94 &95) were better, and how come they have been higher up. possibly because of the fewer numbers??? i dunno, put ur input on this if ya want.

Last edited:
Probably because they are cheaper to buy. The money you save on buying them can be spent on more performance parts. I'm thinking about aquiring one in the future so I don't have to put a whole lot of more miles on my 95!

not too mention 89-93's looked the best:D ;)

i love alll the sc's i just think the 89-93 looked more masculine(sp?) and tough apposed to the 94/95SC. On the other hand i do love the 94/95 interior. Ah heck, i love all sc's :p ;) :D

hahah true they are all excellent in their own respects, but there is something about early style sc's...maybe its just us?

I've had several SC's and by far I loved the 94 the most...However it did handle the worst from the factory (IMO)..But easily fixed..The 94-95 just look alot more modern to me

I think the main reason for that is becuase of the number of SC's built from '89-'93 was a whole heck of a lot more then in '94-'95. In 1990 alone they built more then twice then '94 & '95 combined.

Thomas

Ah, maybe it's something mechanical?

Like the late models have open rears with traction control instead of clutches in the diff.

They do launch a little better that way. :p

Lee

Well, any stock parts that would of been a plus or minus from either Gen of SC's are long gone or modified on the top 12 guys.

Thomas

arent the 89-93sc's a bit lighter than the 94/95's ?? correct me if im wrong but thats what i was told by someone

I'd guess it's about numbers. Few produced for '94-95, and that's 2 yrs vs. 5 yrs. I don't know, but it may also have to do with how long those guys have had the cars. Most sound like they have really worked the cars for a long time to get to that point.

Plus, we all know the early SC's are much cooler. :cool: ;)

but it may also have to do with how long those guys have had the cars. Most sound like they have really worked the cars for a long time to get to that point.

Ding.. Ding.. Ding...we have a Winner !!

David

I like the older ones because they have more of a muscle car kind of look. The newer ones just look.... i dunno? Too modern? I'll put it this way, would u rather have a 65 GTO or a 04 GTO? I think the older one looks meaner, and more powerful.... but you could think differently if you want a sleeper.

Back