The SC Ford never built.....

As much as I like our cars....A complete drivetrain swap sounds cool and all but I always feel like these cars loose their identity. I think Ill wait to see what else they put the Coyote engine in. I feel like my mid-life crisis car is not too far in the future, maybe 10-15 years or so. Lets see how far they take this round of HP wars.

Micah,

You are thinking of a different car. Lou's is definately a 94 with the correct SC Interior in grey if memory serves.

The car (and Lou) was at the Shoot-out from which the picture I took of your car that appears on the SCCoA homepage was taken. Congrats BTW.

Duffy, if this is the crimson T-bird that I think you are talking about....yes it looks very OEM under the hood. But I thought I recalled the interior being 89-93 style, but the outside was retrofitted with 94/95 stuff. Are you sure the car is a 94? Or am I thinking of a different SVT bird?

Micah,
The T-bird you are talking about was a 89-91 converted to look like the "SVT" t-bird Ford was going to produce. That T-Bird had the motor, rims, and later the gut from the protype T-bird running around Detriot. I personally know the guy who owns that car. The last time I saw it was at the owner's shop outside with flat tires. It was for sale. I was thinking about buying it, but my wife would shoot me.

Duffy,
I would love to see the supercharged t-bird, if Lou brings it to Carlisle this year.

Ken

Interesting history. Who own's the red SVT thunderbird we see images floating around of? The one with the special front bumper and hood?

Interesting history. Who own's the red SVT thunderbird we see images floating around of? The one with the special front bumper and hood?

Tom,
The guy's name is Alex. He owns a custom exhaust shop just outside of Philadelphia. He used to bring that car to Carlisle.

Ken

svtpic01.jpg

This one right Ken?

Micah,
The T-bird you are talking about was a 89-91 converted to look like the "SVT" t-bird Ford was going to produce. That T-Bird had the motor, rims, and later the gut from the protype T-bird running around Detriot. I personally know the guy who owns that car. The last time I saw it was at the owner's shop outside with flat tires. It was for sale.
Is this 'Bird still for sale? How much is it? Thanks.

Michael

[/IMG]

This one right Ken?

That is the SVE Tbird owned by John Coletti.

Ken is talking about Alex Baynard's 1991 Tbird that was made to look like the SVT Tbird. It has been featured in a couple magazines but it does not have a custom front bumper like the SVE Tbird does AFAIK, I have yet to see pictures of the front end.

- Dan

Last edited:
Interesting interview:

TMS: What vehicle would you have liked to have given the SVT treatment?

JC: This is a hard question to answer since we pretty much always got
to do the vehicles we wanted to do. The only disappointment I had
during my tenure at SVT was that we couldn't do the supercharged 1998
Thunderbird as an SVT model. But given the fact that the Thunderbird
carline was canceled by the company, it was understandable.

TMS: Was an SVT Thunderbird ever considered?

JC: As I mentioned above, we definitely wanted to do an SVT version of
the old MN12 Thunderbird. We never gave the new two-seater Thunderbird
any real consideration.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang/2006-08/msg01095.html

Interesting

Well, as usual, I am on looking for information on one thing and have been reading stuff on anything but the primary topic I am researching. Read this entire thread. In the time covered, SC's have gone from low priced cars, to cars, I believe are starting to regain some value. Maybe not, adjusted for inflation. Makes me want to go buy a '89 in Battleground for $600 and get it back on the road. ROFLMAO, maybe I should get my '95 SC 5spd back together first eh?
I have a 1997 Mustang with a SVO supercharger on it. Look real hard and you can see the snout. I like that part. To the unknowing, you wouldn't know a SC was on this car. Wouldn't a nicely prepared 4.6L with this SC in a t-bird SC with a T56? I would be all over a car like that, right after I win the lottery.

Since this thread was started Christmas of 2003, a lot more parts have become difficult to keep these cars on the road. Since engine management systems are probably only 100 times better now, it would be interesting, to me, on how to use current technology parts to keep our cars on the road. Soon, all the salvage parts we can get are going to dry up and we will be forced to change or park the car behind the barn to rot away.

This was an interesting read.

Now I will see if I can get back on track and see what I can find out about Mark VIII rear-ends in SC's and other interchange parts. How to convert to 5 on 4.5(know I have already read this, but didn't mark it), will a Mark VIII interior fit while I suck it up to redone my interior. I believe I can get complete leather interior for $200, if I shop.
-Dave

Attachments

• 1997 Mustang Engine.JPG
    1997 Mustang Engine.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 330
Blown 4.6 'Birds

Several guys over on TCCoA have that SVO supercharger kit on their 4.6 Thunderbirds.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx24/rob281stang/DSC_0429.jpg

David
That is good to know Dave. I should spend some time over there, I am a member, cntinuum, surprise. I would like to get a feel for HG issues, if any, with this combination. LOL, I guess this requires driving the car doesn't it? I bought the '97 Mustang as an "investment". I have lost so much money in the stock market, I decides to put what little bit I had left into fun "investments." I bought the car from Speedway Automall, drove it back to Portland, OR and parked it, in July 2007. Need to get it out and run it before it turns to crap.

Again, thanks. Good to know where other gather that have this engine combination.
-Dave

Now I will see if I can get back on track and see what I can find out about Mark VIII rear-ends in SC's and other interchange parts. How to convert to 5 on 4.5(know I have already read this, but didn't mark it), will a Mark VIII interior fit while I suck it up to redone my interior. I believe I can get complete leather interior for $200, if I shop.
-Dave

Mark interior .. you mean like the Dash and everything else ?? I'm the only person in the World who has pulled it off start to finish, two times. Ive seen another attempt, but it was never finished.

- Dan

How about a Blown '95 4.6L V8 SC?

Mark interior .. you mean like the Dash and everything else ?? I'm the only person in the World who has pulled it off start to finish, two times. Ive seen another attempt, but it was never finished.
- Dan
I am just looking to do something simple like the front buckets while it takes me 10 years to get the SC interior redone. That was more of my dad's thing. He helped build a 1949 Mercury body on a 1963 409 4spd chassis. He did the body work to stuff all the Impala interior, from a total that the owner paid $409 for, into the confines of the Mercury. My cousin Larry in Spokane is building a 1966 Mustang body that will ride on a 2003 Mustang GT. My projects are much simplier.

Spent the morning in the junk yard pulling parts off a '95 t-bird that was a "cash for clunkers" car. It had a 4.6 V8 in it with the tag that they had poured something in the engine to destroy it. Now a blown 4.6L would be a fun car as a SC. My brother has a '99 Cobra 4.6 with SC, and he sure loves it.

Dan, I bet the Mark VIII interior really sets off the car.
-Dave

If its just the seats .. the Mark ones are computer contolled .. need a bit of re-wiring to use with the stock Tbird interior, or switch out the seat tracks, etc ..

- Dan

Back