new blower pulley drive

Randy N Connie

Allmost have the water pump delete plate with blower drive finished.
Have a little work left to do.

RANDY

Attachments

• pumpblowerpulley.jpg
    pumpblowerpulley.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 369
Randy.....

You never cease to amaze me man. Are you any relationship to that McGuyver dude?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Great work man!:cool:

Frank

DB:
Well its a spin off part from Gary Kuhn & David Dalke mcguyver idea.I just added the Ryan Harris pulley,
bearings, & jackshaft,& a little machine work.It has three more peices that go with it.For the belt tensioners.

Plus a KB blower I hope ,as soon as I hit the lotto.So I can keep up with the turbo mcguyvers.:D

DB with just waterpump delete plate.You could have the passenger side of your SC motor clear
of the A/C,Jackshaft pulley bracket.And have a lot more room for a turbo and plumbing.
And extra room in front of the motor

RANDY

Last edited:
I have had 2 water pumps fail on me...and would be all about deleting the infernal contraption alltogether. However, simple cooling laws of combustion engine manufacturing are apparently escaping me. What am I missing here? Where did the pump go and what are you doing with your coolant? And, also, what is the benefit of this mod going to be?

92TBurnSC: the plate deletes the belt driven stock water pump.In place of the
waterpump ,you can install a electric water pump in a remote spot.And then run
a hose from the radiator,to the eletric pump,then from the electric water pump,
you run two water lines to the two holes in the plate to feed coolent to the motor.

By deleteing the stock water pump,& replacing it with a electric pump you you can
pick up around 30 H.P.

Then I put the jackshaft pulley inplace of the belt driven water pump.With the aluminum
jackshaft pulley I will pick up another 12 H.P.The steel jackshaft was replaced with a
titanium jackshaft it is 1/3 the weight of the stock jackshaft,so I hope to pick up 1 or2
more H.P. Now I will be running shorter belt to drive the supercharger this will give me
another 1 H.P.

And I was able to get rid of the jackshaft and A/C pulley bracket,plus the A/C this
takes maybe 50 pound off the front end weight of the car.

IS it worth it,of course it is to me.It was built from scrap aluminum.and I did all the machine
work except the jackshaft pulley,it from ryan harris.

Would it be worth you to buy this set up, of course not.It may not even work out.But Iam
sure it will.

Here is what both waterpump delete plate looks like.You connect a electric waterpump
to it.One is set up for jackshaft,one just for the eletric waterpump.

RANDY

Attachments

• bothdeleteplates.jpg
    bothdeleteplates.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 333
Do you need a larger alternator to make this all work?

And, provided this works, how much would you charge to install it on mine? I have the mechanical inclination of a sick monkey. :D Wal-Mart changes my oil.

Does that make me pathetic?

No you don't need a larger alternator.

I havent been able to do any work lately ,this is why the plate is not installed.
I have no plans to make any more plates.I think the plate would be best to keep
it for racers only.A electric pump that I have has a 2500 hour warrenty .So this
is not a 100,000 mile+ set up.

RANDY

Randy nice work!

Nice setup Randy!
It is neat the way you are making a high performance product for our cars to eleminate the water pump and going to an electric pump looks nice.

Randy....

I really like this. Somebody mentioned that I could also save lots of room by swithching to N/A brackets, but this is really a plus because I could gain H/P and save room!:eek:

I really hope some of this stuff will be available to the rest of us Dude!:cool:

DB91
Frank

very nice Randy, very nice!:cool:

Where ya gonna put the tensioner for the blower?

Also what about the oil cooler tube and the other cooling tube that runs tot he thermostat housing?

Last edited:
V6Sprout:
The belt tensioners(two) are mounted on a aluminum stand off plate above
the water pump delete plate.Both plates are mounted from studs that exstend
from the timing cover.The belt tentioner rollers are sized & like the timing belt
tensioner on a Thunderbird turbocoupe 2.3 motor,but aluminum.

There is one water pump delete plate.$25.00
One stand off plate.$30.00
Two tentioner rollers.$100.00
Two springs.
One Ryan Harris pulley.$250.00
Two stainless steel braided coolent lines from pump to plate.$100.00
One hose from radiator to electric pump.$10.00
Two hose fittings in the back plate$30.00
one electric pump.$400.00
Two shoter belts.$60.00
stainless studs & nuts
Cost to make $1000.00 Not counting machine work.10 to 12 hours.

The thermostat by-pass hose and oil-cooler hose are easy connects .

Randy

Last edited:
Ok give me your address to send the money to,lol...
That is great work and those parts look great.I thought about doing something like that this past summer but i don't have my own garage yet so i don't have the resources yet.
Great work keep us informed when you get that done and installed..:cool:

Back