ABS light on solid, brake light not on

Ripper

I just bought this 89 Sc and the ABS light is on solid. The brakes work ok, I havent locked them though to see if they are really ABS. they seem a little mushy with a little too much pedal travel.

After 5 or 6 times pumping the pedal it pulsates and drops a little lower. is that right or can that point me in the right direction to get it fixed?

Thanks for the good info/link.

I reading and getting a good understanding of what seems to be a very over engineered ABS system LOL.

I didnt really see anything that said about just the ABS light being on, I assume its just a code I have to retrieve or maybe one of the wires to the wheel sensors is not connected. I will have to get my friends scanner to get the codes or is there another way?

You can run the codes and see what it says,
but......when you first turn on the key, do BOTH lights come on and then one goes out?

yes, I believe the brake light only stays on for a few seconds if at all.

Really, the ABS is the only one I have noticed being on so Im sure the brake light on the dash is either burn out or not coming on.

That light is important as it is trying to tell you something IF it is on. When you first turn the key to ON posisition, see if the RED BRAKE light turns on.

Back