What Mileage is on your SC?

When I bought it back in August there was 134,500 on the clock. Since Febuary when I have actually gotten to drive it (headgasket and tranny swap) it now has 141,100 on it.

Mine had 168,000 when odometer stopped turning and still runnin strong just normal repairs alt,shocks,brakes etc........

my 89 5 speed has 217 on it runs great only headgaskets so far at 205 k miles . blower and heads and motor all original still . the cylinders werent wore much when i had the heads off i didnt grind valves or put valve seals in i just ported the exhaust side of the heads with a dremel and wow i wanna take them back off and do some more it rips . i like it way better than the auto

Last edited:
166,000 orig HG's... changed oil, filters, plugs,wires, P.S. pump,and water pump....free flowing exhaust helps.

99K miles on the 91 and 80 something on the 93.

Just about everything has been replaced or upgraded on the 91. The 93 is about to go on the jackstands for some major upgrades.

David

Mileage is HIGH!!!

Mine is a 92 and still has original head gaskets with 212,520 miles on it. However have been through 3 tranny's...... (Auto)

Stock & lovin' it.

I have a 91 5 Speed. It has 108K on it now and had 79K when I bought it back in 97. I've only done oil changes, coolant, & t-stat. I changed out the original plugs and wires at 104K. I'm getting ready to install new struts/shocks & Eibach springs. Along with a set of air bags for the rear from SuperCoupe Performance.

Last edited:
I bought my 92 with just over 81K on it last August, broke down halfway home in an 1100 mile trip (original fuel filter was plugged tight). Since then have done oil change, plugs, wires, radiator, valve cover gaskets. Now it has just under 85K. I need to put new motor mounts in it and I'm going to replace most bushings and probably shocks/struts soon. I just love this car and wish I had more time and money to play with it. I just don't want to put too many miles on it at this point.

89' lx 280k valve cover gasket, water pump, and alt replaced.
90' sc 90kish water pump and alt replaced.
96' lx 160k cam sensor replaced.

newb....but.....

Just bought an XR7 5 speed with 180K on the ticker...still runs strong :) at least until the 100+ HP I plan on adding in the VERY near future.

I bought my 1990 1 year ago with 61,800 for $3800. I am the second owner and they only drove it on big trips, so all highway miles. I am sad to say I drove it for the first time in snow last winter.

wifes sc

my wife sc is a 89 and has 221,796, has had trans put in but the engen has sam head gaskets and only had a few tune ups in it life time, have put meny tires and brakes on it sence we have had it, i dont even remeber how long we have had it, last plat date was 94 and i think we bought in 93 with 65 tho on it, change the oil every 3 to 4 tho mills and she still drives it evey day, and i know it thaks her a hour to get there

What's your mileage?

The car is an 89 SC, five speed. Just turned 42,000 km or 26,000 miles (It started life as a Canadian car). :)

93 5-speed with 93K couple of Mods
89 5-speed with 137K "Bone Stock"

Both are running great, very dependable. :eek:

yeah i just rolled over 100,000 last week, and im kind of sad in a way. well lets see i bought the car with 95,xxx and at 96,xxx it blew the HGs. then still in the 96,xxxs after the HGs were put in it bent a rod. so yes this car has cost me a ton for being stock. i owned it for 1000 miles when this was done...... HGs, engine rebuild, tranny rebuild, cam sensor, 02 sensors, plugs, wires, coil, fixed some wiring. but shes good to go now and exhaust, pulley, cool air, and shifter all coming in a month or so.

Back