!SC mod!

Shooter_Jay

My car suddenly had less power on my way home from work...get home, pop the hood, the SC belt is gone and so is the pulley that's supposed to be on the tensioner. I guess that explains the nasty squealing yesterday...funny I missed that pulley with the lube trying to kill that squeal. So I was hoping the sqeal wasn't coming from my SC itself. So now the belt is out of the way, I play the SC pully. Seems to be smooth but quite a bit of backlash. Is the backlash normal? It felt ok otherwise. I'm thinking the tensioner pulley had to have hit the road first which then the broken tensioner toasted the belt. So, replace the tensioner and belt and I should be set right? Well that's only if the backlash is normal. It seemed to be running fine enough with plenty of power lately. Oh, and is there any way that running no SC belt can damage the car?

You can buy a Replacement Tensioner Idler Pulley from any auto place should run you about $20 This is the Ford part number YS-233. Better then buying a new tensioner.

Back