Thread: Fried chicken / alternator

Fried chicken / alternator

I figured the fried chicken might bait some help in I have an 95 SC Auto and the alternator just took a dump on me. I have the belt off and the two man front mounted bolts. and the main clip, but there is a bold between the back of the alt and the coil pack i can not get do I have to pull the coil pack also? does anyone have instructions or pictures. I tried to search the forums for a bit but just came up with upgrade info.

Thanks
    Brandon
    IN

Yes, you'll need the coil pack out of the way. 4 screws holding down the pack, so what I did was disconnected 3 of the spark plug wires, unscrewed the 4 bolts, lifted the whole thing out of the way. Once you do this, the bolt to the back of ALT is easy to get to.

Good Luck
    Irv

what a pain

Thanks got that out.. had to take forever getting the SC intake pipe out of the way though.. the stud bolt that holds it in is a pain.... is it even needed? ? ?

Unhappy WHAT TO DO ???????????????

THE I/C TUBE BOLT IS NOT NEEDED.AS WITH RAISED TOP I JUST CUT THE TAB OFF....FAST FREDDIE

That bolt is a real pain in the AZZ just like the ones on the lower tube

WHAT WAS FOR THINKING

back brace on alt

what about the little brace that goes on the back of the alt? is it needed? it already has the main 2 in the front?

FWIW, you don't need to remove any IC tubes to remove the alternator. Just take off the tensioner right there and the alternator will come out.

Dale