Vacuum line

35th T-bird SC

Wher can I get a vacuum lin that went from the passenger side corner of engine compt near all the relays. I don't want to pay stealership prices. It's about two feet long with bends in it.
mine snapped in half like a pretzel.

If you are refering to one of the larger rubber hoses (3/8?) in that area, a hardware store such as Ace or True Value will have reels of Rubber & poly clear hosing which they will cut to specified length.

It's a tiny diameter plastic hose with 90* turns and nipples that slide over the port on each end. It's not the bigger rubber style. I think I saw various vacuum lines in an aisle at Pep Boys one time. I'll try to get a picture soon. I was wondering if I could take small clear rubber tubing (like 1/4 OD) and slide it over the break and zip tie it tight together. The backyard way but I'd rather replace it.

It's just like the tubing that comes off the fuel pressure regulator or the egr valve. It looks like it goes to a cycling switch or something in that mess of harnesses in the passenger side corner near where the hood bolts on and its about 12-18 inches long with bends and goes somewhere near the TB. I don't know where yet because I have not come to that point in the reassembly process of my rebuild.

here is a pic of the line i think you are refering to i am in the same boat as you as you can see mine broke during a hg repair but i cant find the other end of this line can anyone tell me where this line goes?

Last edited:
I don't know where to get the line but PepBoys sells a little pack of couplers for repairing those lines, there located with the nuts, bolts and vacuum fittings aisle.

Back