What stall convertor do you guys reccommend?

V6Sprout

What woudl be a good stall convertor to get if I get one? Remember I am running a mustang tranny so I have the AODE, but I will be converting to the 4Rw70 soon, already have it just need to install it. I know the mustang guys like to get the 3000 stall but I wonder if that will be too high considering the low torque range of these motors. What do you all suggest?

hmmmmmm........

You will need to run really close to a 2500 stall. In fact, that would be about perfect.:)

I recently bought an ART CARR EXTREME AOD for my '91 and the stall is just awesome!:cool:

Dirtybird91

cool, I plan on getting a stock 99 mustang convertor for now, they stalled at about 2200 facotry I believe so that should be close enough for now. I am getting one real cheap from a friend so I thought I woudl give it a try. I alwyas thought all the V6 convertors were the same stall but apparently the 99+ had a higher sall speed, cool!

Cool

That should be really cool! At 2200 the converter should slip a little and will likely stall right at or near 2500 anyway. Also in 1999 Ford started making a better Mustang tranny for the Auto's all together!;)

DB91

yeah they stall at 2200 for the NA 3.8 so they may actually stall higher for my setup, all depends on rear end gears and everythign as well. The 4r70w actaully started in 96 but I think they changed slightly in 99 as well, can't remember exactly. The tranny I have is a 4r70w that had been upgraded with hardened gears and converted to be used with AODE cars. The tailshaft had to be changed to accept the manual speedo gear ( new cars have electronic speedo gears), some servos in the tranny had to be changed and I have to use the 99 harness with this tranny. I got it froma guy who had it in his 94 stang and ran low 12's so I know its strong and works. I may wait till I blow my stock tranny first though just to see how much it can take :)

Back