Hey Dirtybird!!!

Turbospeed!!!

While we are on the Turbo issue, I will need to get an off-line number for you so that we can talk soon. The Turbo project has finally kicked off and my bird will be on Tom Berry's doorstep anyday now. I have invested a huge chunk of change into this, and I am really excited!

It will REALLY be interesting to see how much Torque and HP that can be squeezed out of our little Ford 3.8:D :D :D

MIKE 38sc
I just have to know are you laughing with me or at me with all this Turbo talk?:confused: Either way, we will all be sharing a good laugh really soon!

:cool:

Frank

LOL!!!! I'm laughing with you Frank! I'm more than aware of what a properly setup turbo system can do. I cant wait for yours to get back, if Tom is as good as I hear(which I presently do'nt doubt) you're gonna have a severe case of Permagrin and a set of white knuckles from holding the steering wheel so hard. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Woooooo....What was that?....oh nevermind it was just the winds of change blowing through.LOL!!!!!

LMAO MIKE!

Dude,
It would be really funny to see me with a set of white knuckles Dude!!! You might say that I have a darker tan than most others that frequent this board!:D :D :D The only thing you will notice white on me when I punch the gas pedal are these pearly white teeth!:D

Man, I am so excited over this whole thing that I can barely sleep at night. My wife recently left me, but I begged her to stay one extra day so that she could help me send the car off!:eek:

I hope "STOCKER89" is not crossing the road as I take this thing for the first test drive!:rolleyes:

Frank,

Were you serious when you said it's going to take 6 months to complete the project ? I don't think I could wait that long without some really strong medication.

BTW, I dropped my 93 SC off with Dave Dalke in Ohio Friday for the initial 3.8 to 5.0 swap and I ordered the new 347 race motor from CHP last week. The next major step in the project is getting the turbo system design nailed down.

I would have liked to work with Tom Berry on the project, but I don't have enough patience to wait 6 months. Can't wait to see how your car turns out.

David

Yes Frank your knuckles turning white would be a phenominal testamonial of your gripping ability, where saying my knuckles turned white sure would'nt have the same impact. We would probably need a time lapsed camera to catch much change in my knuckle color. LOL!!!!

I hope your kidding about the wife, if not you know the first thing her and the lawyer are going after dont you? Quickly transfer the car into my name Frank and I'll protect it for you! LOL!!! seriously.:D ;)

Are we talkin bye-bye M90, hello T-20? Or are we talking a superturbo setup, ala Kenworth (which I have been curious to try since I saw a turbo mounted towards the aft of a Camaro's piping...though that would probably be impractical).

Has anyone else thought of doing a big-rig style superturbo setup on a SC?

David!

Really good to hear from you man! I bet that 347 with a turbo will be nothing other than S C A R Y!!!:eek: Since I will have the little 3.8 Turbo I was hoping that you would adopt me as a little brother.:p I really appreciate your guidance every since I joined the board!

Mike,

I wish I was joking about the wife issue, but the truth is that we were driving each other NUTS! I know we will both be much better off. ;) We had an unusual split being that we agreed on what she would take and what I would get to keep. We paid a lawyer to spell it out on paper, so i'm safe. She took the 2000 Mustang GT, and left me with both Supercoupes! I also got the house and everything but living room and bedroom furniture.;) I got all new furniture today to replace two empty rooms, now if I could only get that SC back from New Mexico!:D

Also,
"WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THOSE WOMEN THAT SHE ACCUSED ME OF???:confused: " I could really use them about now!:rolleyes:

Frank

92TBurnSC said:
Are we talkin bye-bye M90, hello T-20? Or are we talking a superturbo setup, ala Kenworth (which I have been curious to try since I saw a turbo mounted towards the aft of a Camaro's piping...though that would probably be impractical).

Has anyone else thought of doing a big-rig style superturbo setup on a SC?

Yes! The supercharger will be leaving entirely to be replaced by a turbo. This will result in a "kit" by the manufacturer so that all others that are interested can participate.
David will be replacing his mill with a high performance 347 V8 setup with a turbo. I have dubbed his bird the "Bird of Prey"

I believe Randy is also mentioned a superturbo setup, but I will be keeping things simple for now.

Frank:cool:

Wow Frank that sucks! Sorry to hear that man. I thought you might be kidding but apparently not. Man did I step in that one.
Good luck to you Frank.:( :eek:

Hey DER t-bird 91

You won't need to worry about me being in your way.. You will be hearing my good years screeching into 2nd by the time your turbo gets out of lag and up to the boost that I will already have from the get go I will be long gone gone gone......

Seriously Dirtybird 91 What kind of rearend and what size gear will you be running? What size gears are in your transmission? Are you going with 10.1 compression or staying with the 8.2? How much turbo boost/psi will be available from your T-20? Are you gonna be a strip, street, or dyno mobile?How fast a top speed do you think a 3.8 will produce and how much HP. You need a different EEC for sure cause the stock one will cut out believe me..

You won't find me at the strip or on the dyno. My point is that if we both have 3.08 trac lok And 8.2 compression I would win. Cause I have boost right now and I am a better driver...... Ahhh yes instant gratification VROOOOM!!!!!! SUPERCHARGED!!!!!

Dirty arn't you a little leary of somebody else doing the work on your car what if they get sloppy or accidentally leave some spare parts in your intake manifold wow that could cause you major problems then they would be back in your pocket book I have had to learn that you have to do it yourself to do it right..Self assurance goes a long way and lasts.

Mike 38sc is that the 305 V6 or the 232 V6 grand national sure those were sweet cars when they first came out but just like all the rest of the GM junk they wouldn't last to long wasted by 50'000. The reason you don't see them on the street any more is cause they were so cheap and if you wanted a GN that would actually be in the 12s you would have to change over to fiberglass body and put it on an extreme diet. Plus they didn't come with the best parts available you had to purchase them from the dealer after you already bought the car and that would cost another 10 grand. They were a 14s car at best unless you modded them. They still look cool and I saw a black GN back in December on the back of a trailer going east on I 80 headed for resto..

Neibert That thing you Dalke are building is going to kick *** on the street and have some outragous dyno numbers.... 500 hp and torque for sure I'm guessing.

Turbospeed BLAH BLAH BLAH

Mannysc I too am a jackass.....

eehhaw eehhaw

Hey there Stocker89

I knew I could talk you into joining this tread!;) I think you made the last turbo tread interesting enough, so I want to make two wagers with you:

1.) The V6 3.8 with a turbo will make 500hp and equal torque.

2.) Dave Neibert will be in a total different ballark than 500hp!

Lets make a wager that if i'm wrong I will personally show up on this board to lick my wounds!

If you are wrong, you will come on this board, apologize, and call Dirtybird "UNCLE DIRTYBIRD":D

Re: Hey DER t-bird 91

stocker 89 said:
Seriously Dirtybird 91 What kind of rearend and what size gear will you be running? What size gears are in your transmission? Are you going with 10.1 compression or staying with the 8.2? How much turbo boost/psi will be available from your T-20? Are you gonna be a strip, street, or dyno mobile?How fast a top speed do you think a 3.8 will produce and how much HP. You need a different EEC for sure cause the stock one will cut out believe me..

Dirty arn't you a little leary of somebody else doing the work on your car what if they get sloppy or accidentally leave some spare parts in your intake manifold wow that could cause you major problems then they would be back in your pocket book I have had to learn that you have to do it yourself to do it right..Self assurance goes a long way and lasts.

Stocker89,
My car will be in a factory environment with professional mechanics.

Mike 38sc is that the 305 V6 or the 232 V6 grand national sure those were sweet cars when they first came out but just like all the rest of the GM junk they wouldn't last to long wasted by 50'000.

Stocker89,
The 305 is not a V6, but a V8. The turbocharged V6 was capable of running 12's with less than 1k in mods! This car was far from JUNK!

Neibert That thing you Dalke are building is going to kick *** on the street and have some outragous dyno numbers.... 500 hp and torque for sure I'm guessing.

Stocker89,
What a gross understatement. Neibert may end up in the 9's. He will be running a lot more HP and torque than 500.

Turbospeed BLAH BLAH BLAH
Stocker 89,
Turbospeed is laughing at you, not with you.

Mannysc I too am a jackass.....
Stocker89,
This you are right about!

eehhaw eehhaw
:rolleyes: :eek:

OK! fair enough dirtybird91 we shall see.

I do hope it works out for you and you are sucessful......

Having already wasted the internals of a SC block Broken pistons and bent rods. I know that you are going to need all new internals that are much stronger yes the stocker is strong but not strong enough for what you have planed. You might get a couple good dyno runs from it but it will not last and is eventually going to blow apart on you. You are also going to need a sixth and seventh gear for some serious top speed or you will be all rapped out . Speed costs reads like you a prepared. I don't doubt you cause it can be done but longevity will be an issue .... I also think you need a manuel transmission too truly get the kind of #s you want. Good Luck. Are you going for the salt flat top speed record ... 190+ mph that is crazy my won't go over 140mph...

Back