V6 Ford Challenge UPDATE!

V6Sprout

V6 Ford Challenge WEBSITE is up

Fred from Livernois Motorsports gave me a call tongiht and gave me an update othe race situation. Although they have not heard back from the track (Milan Dragway), everything is looking good for the May 30th race date. We are just waiting on actual confirmation from the track owners but Fred doesn't see a problem with the date. So thats great news. We also discussed a few things we can do.

As mentioned before we are hoping to have dyno runs, and dyno tuning. Fordchip adn SCT are being contacted in reference to tuning. To use the dyno it will be a set price for the day, so the more cars we have dyno the cheaper it is to get some pulls.

Also thrown into the idea bin was having Dan Millen (of Livernois) run down the track in his 7 sec car, again this is not confirmed but somethign that was thought about and considered.

Fred is also talking with Ford racing about coming out to the event or helping out. He mentioned seeing if Ford racing will bring out an 05 V6 Mustang to show off, or maybe even just the 05 V6 motor on a stand for everyone to see. Again this is just somethign we are discussiong and not confirmed yet, but we want to make this event as great as we can so this is one of the things Fred mentioned about trying to do.

Also the banquet I mentioned about having, Fred is going to see if we can hold it at the Livernois shop, indoors where they have their gathering, we can all hang out and have the banquet catered from right inside the companys building, agin this is not confirmed but looks very possible.

Other sites around the race are Pro-M about 30mins away where they can do custom recalibrations and tuning, Dyno Dave's is but 8 miles away for more tuning, and Pauls High Perormance is pretty close as well, about 1 hour if I rememeber right.

As mentioned before, if anyone is bringing a trailered car they can store it at the Livernois shop where its has a locked compund with 24hour security. BONUS!!!!!

Hotel info will be gathered soon, but apparently they have great rates aroundt he shop, so we will work on those for long distance travellers as well, I need a hotel myself so this is defiantely somethign I need to look into anyways.

We hope to get Morana, Supersix and others to come out and display products and stuff so everyone can see whats happening aroudn the V6 world, so come out and have a great weekend, either to race or even just look around, its gonna be a blast. keep an eye open for the offical race website to be up soon, the sites addy is www.v6fordchallenge.com stay tuned for that.

If anyone here is interesting in showing off products let me know via email, like Supercoupe Perforamcne, Magnum Powers, Mike and his rads, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Where's milan dragway at? Just curous, this is around my b-day, might have to come out and celebrate.

Back