Any SC'ers in White Plains, NY???

SeanMatteson

It looks like I'll be in town on business through the week for about the next six or eight weeks.

If any of you are from the White Plains area, it might be nice to hook up for dinner and some chit chat.

...I may have met some of you at Carlisle last year.

Let me know if you're interested.

Best regards,

Sean

OK. I'll take that as a 'no'.

Please don't think I'm weird for asking this... I typically try to hook up with as many of the SCCoA guys from other places as I can when I travel for business. It's always interesting to put a face to the screen name, if you know what I mean.

If anyone notices this thread for the first time soon, and wants to try to get together for a coffee, or a beer, and to shoot the ****, please feel free to email me.

It looks like I'll be in the area from Monday to Friday afternoon for about another five or six weeks.

Best regards,

Sean

Sean stop being so gay!..haha Seriously though...Il let ya know if time allots me..I know how it is traveling for work and being bored as *****!!

Sean...

...I'm orignally from Carmel N.Y. my parents still live there. Carmel is in Putnam county, which is the county right above westchester... roughly a 45minute drive from white plains if you take I-684 up to I-84 and dump off on exit 18. I don't know where in white plains you're at but I guess I could technically be one of the closest to your positions.

Actually though, I live in Albany. N.Y which is probably about 3hours north of White Plains.

I try to visit my folks on a frequency of 1-2x per month. It's tough with a demanding job and a 14 month old boy. I used to visit every weekend. Now I can only visit for like a day or so.

But, I might be going down next week on monday night into tuesday or something along those lines.

As an aside, I've got the same 2003 Cobra Rims that you've got!

I don't know if you plan on driving back up north thru Albany or take another route.

Deep6,

I'm staying and working right in White Plains. I'm staying at the Residence Inn on Barker Ave. I'm working just over at a building within walking distance on Main St. I've been flying into Westchester County Airport, which is just off 684, I believe.

Oh, and although the rim is in my avatar, I haven't taken delivery of the wheels yet. They're in the works, complete with new rubber. Fast Ed Nicholson of Fines Ford is taking care of me. It's a sweetheart of a deal, too! They're in the process of getting four or five millimeters machined off the rear to help get them closer to stock backspacing. I was hoping to get them all the way to stock backspacing, but the machine shop felt that would risk weakening the rim, so we're going easy. Soon I'll be riding on a set of four of those, clad in 275-40-17 rear, and 255-45-17 front Firestone SZ50 EP's. Considering my SC has only ridden around on stock wheels with crappy Michelin Xone tires since I've owned it, this should be a pleasant change!

I should get into White Plains first thing next Monday morning, so if you end up making the trip, drop me an email or something to let me know. Perhaps I could meet you for a beer or two?!

I'd love to see your SC with those wheels installed! :D

Best regards,

Sean

Next monday???

Do you mean the 23rd? Or the 30th?

Cause I'm going to be stopping into my parents on the 23rd and 24th.

Just thought I'd let you know. I'd love to show the rims off, however, my car is dirty and the rims are WAY dirty. All road grime on them. They are supposed to be polished.

The way I got mine, was they are supposed to have a 36mm offset?

Bring a tape measure with you if you want. Maybe we can measure mine to make sure they are correct.

Both...

I'll be down in White Plains the weeks of Feb. 23-27, and again from March 1-5.

Did you do the bolt-circle swap to the 'Stang bolt circle? If not, then you've got aftermarket replicas of the '03 Cobra wheels. The rims that I've got coming are real SVT Cobra wheels made for the '03 Cobras. ...That's why I need to get them modified to work on the SC. I'll also be switching to the 5 on 4.5" bolt circle of the 'Stang.

...I would still love to see how the wheels look on your SC regardless of how dirty the car and the wheels might be. I tend to have a knack for looking beyond the grime, so no worries! :D

Best regards,

Sean

Sean...

...ok sounds good then. Right now as of writing this, it's about 3:15pm on the 23rd.

I'm going to be leaving my apartment soon and should get down to my Parents home about 5pm-6pm.

I don't mind coming out tonight even! So, Just reply back here and if you can give me the street address of the hotel you're staying at, I can use Mapquest.com at my Parent's house to print out directions to get there.

You can check out the wheels for sure. Also, I wouldn't mind taking a drive with you so you can help "diagnose" all the problems with my car, as they seem numerous.

Sure do!

Stellar SC:

I do remember you from Carlisle. Are you coming down again this year too?

I'd like to make it down for sure. Your car was very slick and it was great to meet your son too!

Sean:

I'm assuming that you have access to a laptop? I've arrived at my parents home around 6:00pm. I'm willing to come on out tonight if you want and we can shoot the poop. Hey, maybe Stellar SC would want to come out too, we can make a mini-meet outa it! Ha!

I'm going to be here till tommarow evening (the 24th). Write back to this message and let me know the street address of the hotel your at and I'll plug it into mapquest.com and come on down!!!

Back