cooling ?

92silverlx

should have ran a search but o-well...i have read that the stock cooling fan is switched on around 210-220 degrees when operating without the ac on and adding a 180 thermostat won't help bring the temp down because of the cooling fans preset settings so my ? is, is it possible to run a different fan switch that is thermostatically controled(i think hayden makes one)so as to bipass the stock wiring or would it be more effective to use this setup with an aux cooling fan? (either way with a 180 stat)

thanx

I have a CSI water temp guage that I got from summit. You can adjust what temp you want the fan to turn on with a little button on the guage. Also if you want the low speed fan to run all the time, you can just cut the #14 wire by the air filter.

You could use the Hayden adjuctable one as a standalone controller. It also has a A/C clutch input. But you only control the fan at one speed.

I am using it but to control an additional pusher fan and a water pump.

thanx guys thats wut i thought i know the fan has 2 speeds and the switch would only operate it at 1 i will probably use it to control an aux fan since summers around here are 100+...and thats in the shade:cool:

Back