User Name: duster5439

tel.#: 919-464-9419

address:
Corey Larivee
PO Box 254
Selma, NC 27576

Vendor/Individual: Individual

Comments:

Please see the thread (below) for a detailed account of how many people this guy has apparently ripped off. Anybody who has not received parts from him that were paid for, please add any additional comments here. On page 3 and 4 of the thread below there are several ways listed to file complaints against this guy. If you have been cheated by him, please file a complaint and then post here that you have done so.

The only way to reduce the number of con artists who prey on the good people of this community is to go after them with a vengence (within the law, of course). Hopefully the next crop of scammers will think twice about coming here to steal from us!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39321

Thanks,
Joe Brauner

I filed with the USPS postal inspectors yesterday. I called and the "guy" who answered the phone said Corey wasnt around but would have him call me back in 15minutes.. (that was yesterday)

No callback.

Only addition I have to the information posted by others is his IM name: MyBirdRocks67. I spoke with him today over IM, but unfortunatelly i was running late to class. He told me that he had emailed everybody about it and that 14 parts had been sent monday. Ironically, i was not emailed and, as one poster said, he 'promised' to have the tracking number by me today after he got back to the 'office'. Did anybody receive an email from this guy?

I ordered my parts on 1/21, sent the money order on 1/22 and I haven't heard anything since. I really don't enjoy throwing away 80 bucks, so I filed with the Postal Inspection Service on Wednesday.

No email, no nothing after I sent him a PM stating I had sent the money on 1/22/2004. Didnt even acknowledge receipt of the money order for $25

I have been calling everyday and leaving urgent vm but nothing. no callback, no emails.

I ordered a piece of wiring harness for the rearview map lights and a bezel for the left turn turn signal headlamp.

Out $25 on Climate Control assy

I sent him a Postal MO on 1/14, and on 1/18 he acknowleged that he got the MO and promised to ship it out that day. Nothing since, despite numerous private messages to him.

Corey called me today and told me he has alot of things sitting there waiting to be shipped asap.

If you havent gotten your stuff you need to call him at the number listed. He seems genuine and has just gotten under the gun when all the money orders showed up he couldnt match them to what people had bought except for a few items most were $25.

He also says he is locked out of the forum and tried to get back in but couldnt. thinks he is banned. Possibly unban him so he can retrieve his pms and try and match up what the orders are.

Thanks!

I will call him and e-mail him at the three e-mails that have been listed. I'm still very skeptical that he will follow through, though. Why did he tell me and a lot of others that the parts were shipped out weeks ago? Now he has all these parts sitting there waiting to ship. Doesn't that make him a liar? Also, I doubt very much that he has been banned here. George would not ban him specifically so he would be able to communicate with everyone who bought parts from him... Hopefully if somebody does receive their part they will post here as soon as they get it.

Like joenintiesc said, its just too unlikely. WHen i spoke with him over IM he assured me my part had been shipped, as well as 14 others. His excuse was teh weather, im futher up north than him and im sure we got plenty more snow and everything was fully operational about 3 days after the snow (mailing services, road ways, etc). He told me he had emailed everyone, and obviously he hasnt, and the only way you can get banned from posting is if you are a real jerk and a PITA through out the boards, so nope. I posted my complaint through paypal and unless i : a) get a tracking number, b) full refund; paypal is goign try and get my full amount in about 20 days.

Apparently the only reason I got a call back was because he doesnt like people calling and leaving cussing emails on his phone. "he is a christian man" and doesnt like to hear it.

He also says I was the only one to call, and that his phone number has been on the site for 2 weeks.

Per the mods, he isnt/was never banned.

I think this guy is clearly "off" a little. His e-mails in the beginning all said "God bless you" and that would make sense since he is a "Christian man". What makes no sense is why a "Christian man" would take people's money and then give them the run-around with conflicting stories and no parts. That's stealing, I wonder how he justifies it to himself? :confused: :mad:

I just hope with enough pressure he will follow through with parts or refunds, or the law will intervene.

corey larivee

I paid for the intercooler almost a month ago and received an emailfrom Corey saying he got the Money Order and would ship it out the next day, about Jan 21. Have not seen it yet. I'm from Canada so I wonder how screwed I am.
Charlie

Corey Larivee

By the way I have a different address for this guy. 143 Oakland Church Road in Goldsboro NC 27530. Paid for the intercooler and got email from Corey saying he received the money order and would ship the next day. That was about Jan 21. Nothin' yet

I know you are all still wondering whats going on. I sent out a bunch of stuff on Wednesday. Here are some of the UPS tracking numbers : 1ZRW50270344050077, 1ZRW50270310714959, 1ZRW50270344044708. Also, I sent out two refunds via certefied mail and here are those parcel numbers 7099 3400 0012 0601 0022 (Joe Brauner), and 7099 3400 0012 0601 0008 (Mike Vanscoyk). I hope you will all retract your negative feedback as your merchandise/ money arrives. Also, Those of you who filed complaints with the postal investigator, I would appreciate it if you would contact them once matters are resolved. I admit that I did tell a couple of people different things to appease them however, I still have 2 death certificates, a police report, 2 obituaries, and the article from the local paper about my loss. Not being totaly upfront may be my fault, but I've never before lost anyone so close to me and to lose two people at the same time is devestating. I apologize for not wanting to share it with the whole world. Like I said, I will provide proof of the wreck and my losses if any of you should "require" that. And Joe, as far as "justification", its called repentence. I may have been in the wrong, but in God's eyes I have already been forgiven.

Corey

Corey, again, I really am terribly sorry for your loss. Just for the record, I have not yet received anything from you, but as I've said somewhere before, I always willing to give a person the benefit of the doubt. Give all the facts leading up to this point (nobody hearing from you, receiving anything from you, then hearing stuff was shipped when it was not, etc...), it seemed far more plausible that you were a cheat then that you had suffered such a horrible tragedy. It would take a truly monsterous person to make up such a story just for the sake of putting people off a little longer, so...

Unfortunately we live in a world where there are too many crooks, so after a point it is very hard to interpret the signs differently. In the future, if I were to purchase something from someone who doesn't have a "history" on these boards, who takes my money or my parts, who says they will ship and I don't receive, who tells me lies or doesn't communicate, whom others report the same treatment from as well, after a certain period I will have to come to the conclusion that I was taken, and I will proceed accordingly. But just for the record, in this instance, I would have much rathered you turned out to be a thief, then a person who lost two loved ones.

Back