Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New SC Project in Oklahoma

Talking New SC Project in Oklahoma (Update)

I just bought a 95 Super Coupe this past Thursday as a project car. Ive wanted an SC since my friend on Active Duty bought one in 93. Its going to need alittle fixing but nothing my friend Terry and I cant handle. hoping to have it on the road in the next couple months..

Last edited by OzzManG149; 02-14-2004 at 05:53 PM.

looks like a nice project...coupel of months huh?? you better show us when you are done what she looks like, i'd like to see...also do you have any other plans for her like performance wise??? good luck

im not trying to shine a negative light but i crashed my 94 tbird in the exact same place...... And on the passenger side it had a slight indent from the impact bending the Uni-body. I notice an indent of the passenger side....thats really bad news. The only difference i notice is that your truck is flush, mine was all outta wack. So it looks like yours is a little more minor but if the unibody is bent....theres not much you can do.

Anyways....nice sc and good luck! hope it works out for you!

I havnt had much time to work on it lately, but Ive go a 5 day weekend this week. Were hoping buy Wensday we have it streetable and buy next month have it painted and ready go. The first thing im going to do to it after getting out of the shop is have the exhaust done. Im going to put a 18" magnaflow resinator, 2 stainless magnaflow mufflers and delete the cats (havnt decided on whether or not im going to that or not).Wee took a real hard look to see if there is any frame damage but from what we could see the frame wasnt hurt. I quess well find out when im ready to get it alighned

as you can see I got the door off and everything removed thats going back into the new door.

This is the Donor car for the quarter. I didnt want to get a red one due to the fact that its harder to paint white from what I hear.I dont know that much about the body work although im learning from the master.. Terry is an artist when it comes to this stuff.
    Last edited by OzzManG149; 02-15-2004 at 02:09 AM.

I will enjoy following this thread. Good luck, I think it will be fixable if you can install a new quarter correctly. Nice to see you saving an SC from the crusher.

Jerry

As far as it being installed the wrong way, as long as it looks good and lasts thats all im concerned about.... I trust Terry he has been doing this kinda stuff since he was 8 and is a natuarl at it. I myself have never done any kind of structual repair or body work. Most of my experience is working on cars and Chinook Helicopters for the Army . well Day 2 of Terry and myself working on getting the SC on the road we only spent about 3 to 5 hours today due to recovering from the weekend.. lol but here are some pics

TERRY

ME (Scott)

Last edited by OzzManG149; 02-16-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Today we got everything fitted together and worked out a few problems. Tommorrow we plan on having everything welded up and ready to be painted.

This is my 95 LX 4.6L
    Last edited by OzzManG149; 02-17-2004 at 11:39 PM.

Looks great keep the pics coming!!

You guys are amazing, very nicely done.

I can't wait for the next episode, this is better than Monster Garage.

Jerry

Looks great keep the pics coming!!

You guys are amazing, very nicely done.

I can't wait for the next episode, this is better than Monster Garage.

Jerry

What part of Oklahoma?

You'll have to hook up with our group when we start our cruise from OKC to the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Well today we didnt get as far as we wanted to ran into a few problems gwtting everything to line up correctly. But late tjis evening we were able to start spot welding everything in place. Work has stopped until Monday I have to go back to work tommorrow (which I was told today by a coworker I may be getting a 30 Day notice to be laid off because of money shortages). Terry has to work Frtiday thru Sunday so well get back at it Monday. I live in South Central Oklahoma in a small town called Pauls Valley.

Terry Welding

Last edited by OzzManG149; 02-18-2004 at 10:49 PM.

OK-looks like you're about an hour from OKC. The trip starts there, at the Westin OKC down by Bricktown-if you get the chance, you're more than welcome to join us-we'll have 50 Thunderbirds from all years gathered together. We'll be in OKC from August 5-7, 2005

That goes for any of you Tbird enthusiasts in that area!

Sounds like fun im going to try to be thee with bot h of the THinderbird. :-)
    I got to drive the SC today we are almost ready to get it to the guy thats going to paint. I am needing some carpet for it though not sure where to get it at. Its the brown color... lol Im not drunk just alittle delirious... lol

We need more pics!!

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Jerry

Have you tried Auto Custom Carpets? Recommended company by My Classic Car-they have a cut pile carpet in Light Mocha with MASS backing for $222.77, or you can get the standard poly backing for $162.77

Visit www.accmats.com