Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New SC Project in Oklahoma

sweeeeeeeet, that car is so mint (well if it weren't all smashed to **** on that side), i love the 95SC's...keep it up, keep posting pics i love watching the progress. are u gunan keep it stock appearance or what?

I havnt looked anywhere yet for carpet. Thanks for the tip though Im going to be checking that out. on another note I just found out today that Im going to be laid off from my postion at work. The National Gaurd Bureau. has run out of money and they are letting all the Indefinate employee's go. So the SC project will probally be put on hold until I gain other employment. As of know its ready to be painted. My plans were to redo the exhaust belete the cats with a magna flow 18' resonator, 3" from the res to the y With magna flow mufflers a pulley off a 89-93 SC. which brings me to a question. The other day when we drove it for the first time I noticed when I was accelerating to boost gauge was showing 15lbs of boost and climbing Is that normal?

Scott-

Did you have to do any repairs to the inner 1/4 panel skin? I ask because I just made a deal to buy a black 95 SC that had just about the exact same damage-I want to know what I'm looking at for the repair.

I'll be using pieces from my 93 for the repair, including the door and 1/4 panel outer skin.

We had to straighten it alittle but it wasnt o bad. We thought we would have to replace it but it was ok.. We did replace a part of the inner fender but that was it. Hope this helps

The one I bought doesn't go as high or low on the car as yours, but the scrape is longer.

You can see the car in this thread:

Super Coupe Club of America Forums > Classifieds > Want to Buy > Left front/rear quarter body panels?

I already have a new left 1/4 panel outer skin, and I can swap out the door-will have to remount the side Gfx pieces. I can repair the fender since the body line is straight. Looks like I'll be having fun this spring!

I got the SC back from being painted today. We havnt piut the GFX back on yet we plan on doing that tommorrow and also putting the interior back together. Although its not going to have a back set for awhile because I took it to a leather shop to have it recovered . The sad part about all this is I might have to sell her im being laid off from my job on the 16th of this month Ive got a line on another good job and with look ill get it. If I do the mods will be flowing in... lol here are a few pics I took today.

Are there any negative drawbacks to getting rid of the cataylic converters? Im thinking of doing this when I have my exhaust redone.

Yes the exhaust will be louder and the smell of todays gasoline being burnt is not a pleasant one. I just had my CATS reinstalled after six months.

Kingman, AZ. The geographical and cultural center of the universe....

Thumbs up Nice!

Man, that's quite a transformation you guys did on that! Kudos to both of you!

as for the catalytic converters, not having them will make the exhaust louder, but you'll get a slight increase in high rpm power. it's just a tradeoff. But, dont the 94/95 SC's have the OBD-II system? not having any cats at all would cause the car to throw some codes and a check engine light? Correct me if I'm wrong. High flow Cats would do nicely though.

Anyways, nice work on that SC and try to hang on to her, 94/95's are pretty hard to come by.

Andrew

It was my understanding that the 94-95 SC's were OBDI systems and did not have an O2 Sensor behind the cats? I may be wrong though. Its been a long ordeal getting her ready to go. Its back in the Paint Shop getting redone as of today though. My exhaust plans were going to be to delete the cats and have a magna flow resinator w/ 3" single to 2"1/2 duals out the back with magna flow mufflers. Here's a lengthy post on the subject

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=obdII

You will be happy with the maganflows.

I started a new thread but its finished heres the link to the pics.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44962

Oklahoma

Where in Ok r u located? Im new to the list and getting a 91 5sp....
    I'm located in broken arrow..

Willie