!!!!2006 Thunderbird SC!!!!

ThunderDave

I know this isn't likely to happened, but just wondering how many of us would buy a new Thunderbird SC if Ford was to make one? They've got the motor from the Cobra to put in it and the Bird is back after a short vacation for restyling. Would it be a good thing or a bad thing? Thoughts and opinions.......

David

im not trying to be a hum bug................but the supercoupe was 1989-1995 3.8L SCed cars. I honestly wouldnt want them to name another car "supercoupe".

however..........yea i would purchase one with a badazz motor in it like you stated.

Was Ford looking to make one? I rarely like body styles of new cars so I wouldn't expect anything to be near as good looking as our 89-93 years.

I don't really like the retro styling of the latest T-Bird. If they were to go back to the perfromance/luxury styling of the SC that would be cool. I'm sure it would look similiar and completely different at the same time. Maybe by the end of the decade they will consider it. If they supercharge it, and they should, they can call it "superblown", and name it the "Superbird" instead of the "Supercoupe".

I would most likely have to wait a few years to buy a used one, like I did with my 90...:(

I have two MN12 cars. 93SC and 97 LX. As far as I am concerned they were the last real t-birds. If you have ever tried to sit in one you would know what Im talking about. I am over 6 feet tall and have owned a mustang as well. It was too small and I sold it instead of the LX. I will never want to get rid of my 2 prizes. And have you seen what the new ones cost. C'mon. I would only buy a new car if I have no other choice. MN12s forever.

I like them myself... Especially the new i think it's mullberry wine color. and I'm 6'3" 245lbs and have no problems getting comfortable even with the hard top on.

Sure if it had a stick and was about the size of MN12. Looking for Ford to compete against the GTO and whatever Chrysler does with an Intrepid size Hemi car. But I would only get it as a company car if I can negotiate. Just about everything is too expensive for me whether I have the money or not. I figure Chrysler will build what I want except for tranny.

I wouldn't buy one. I'd have to have a car similar to our SC's. That is, perfomer but with practical family size space. I don't really like the look of the new T birds anyway.

I think

the Saleen version looks awesome!:D Also they will be very affordable in the years to come. Nothing seems to hold value these days except for that foreign CRAP!:rolleyes:

LOL! In five years you will be able to simply pick one up for $9,995.00
:p

Frank

hey you know what though......i just realized something...at least ford has kept the thunderbird on a Rear Wheel Drive Platform.....they havent gone along with the imports. To bad they dont have manual transmissions. Although i believe the 89-95 supercoupes were the only thunderbird with a 5speed trans? im not counting the manual trans birds back in the 50's

The T-C was available with a 5-speed as well.

As far as a new supercoupe, Ford did build one or two concepts a year ago. It did not use the Cobras supercharged engine, but rather some varient of the Jaguar supercharger setup since the 3.9L in the T-bird is related to the engine in the supercharged Jag's... If the Thunderbird was selling well they might have considered persuing production.

Supercharged Thunderbird

Do a websearch for "Supercharged thunderbird concept" for more.

Doug Franklin said:
Lincoln LS is same car as 2 seat bird but 100 lbs lighter so I hear. But who wants an auto 4 door and leather?

i dunno, personally I wouldnt mind a Marauder or an Impala SS ;) (94-96 of course)

I could personally go both ways with that sc'd t-bird in the link, didn't mind the hood actually.... but i dunno? The retro look is kinda played out. Plus if they ever made them they'd probably cost close to $45,000 CDN (whatever that works out to in American)

The current Thunderbird will be kept until 2008-a supercharged model is in the works for the 2005 Anniversary Edition, with suspension/steering/brake mods by Saleen. The car will be lowered 1.5 inches, the wheel wells filled with a custom 19X8 running Pirelli P-Zero Nero or Michelin Sport-275/35ZR19 rear and 245/40ZR19 front.

Power rating is 390HP, 390lb-ft-engine will be the same 3.9L V8, which is based on the Jag 4.0L.

Forget putting a 4.6L in these cars-the engine bay is NOT big enough.

The Birds of 03 and beyond have a select-shift transmission available-left side of gate is fully automatic, right side of gate is select-shift-operates just like a manual, without the clutch.

Back