Sc #2...

007_SuperCoupe

Well, today I finalized the deal for SC # 2. Great car. It has every available option, low miles and a completely rust free body. I don't have a digital camera, so below is the best picture that I have right now. Interior is tan leather and in excellent condition. There is very little wear on the left bolster on the driver's seat. Other than that, no blemishes. It's lowered, I think 2", but will measure it in the coming days to find out for sure. It has a shift kit...unsure which one at this point. I'm not 100% sure about any other mods to it either. I've got some work to do to it, so I'll be able to look closer then. Awesome car though. Well worth every penny I spent on it (which wasn't much at all).

Attachments

• untitled1.gif
    untitled1.gif
    73.3 KB · Views: 246
Hey thats my car! Well... minus the wing and chrome wheels. Is that pic from before or after being lowered? And why did u block out the backround?

Thanks for the compliments...As of now this picture hardly does it justice. And Thomas didn't get a very good look at the car. Just an open the door and that was about it. Something tells me that he's going to get a much closer look at it though...;)

Doug,
Side cornering lights are the only thing the car does not have at this point. I've got to get a closer look to see if they were originally on the car or not. At this point, I'm not too sure. But the cornering lights are not a huge issue to me at this point.

Motocross,
That is after the car has been lowered. That is actually a pretty recent picture. And I was just playing with the picture to get the background transparent for the website I've been slowly building. I'd rather the car be seen and not have a lot of stuff in the background. Besides, with this one, I didn't have to re-size the pic. The original picture was much larger and would require more "fixing" to get it to a managable size. And I already had this one handy...

I was pretty short in my initial description of the car. Partly because I've got to dig into it before I really know what is going on with it as far as mods are concerned. It needs a few fixes so that will be my chance to really find out what is going on with it. It needs a new rack and pinion and front driver's hub and bearing ***'y. So I'm taking that opportunity to pull all of the front suspension apart and install all poly bushings. I'm also installing new lower ball joints, upper control arms Mark VIII front brakes and spindles, outer tie rod ends new tranny mount and crossmember bushings. At the same time I'll find out if the springs were cut or if lowering springs were used to lower it. I will also check on the shocks on it. I'm not sure what is on there now. At least the "firm" ride is not nearly as stiff as the firm ride in my '89 SC. But that one does have some poly bushings on it though.

The pinion seal is also leaking. So as a fix there I plan on having the differential rebuilt with 3.73's installed for that extra acceleration. I've also got the rear poly knuckle bushings, poly differential mounts and tbird88's poly rear differential mount to install.

I've also noticed that the radiator is cracked, so I've got to keep a close eye on that for alittle while yet until I get a new one. That shouldn't be too far in the future though, but along with all the other fixes I'm doing. Until those fixes are done, it is not going to move very far at all. Mainly because I've got an '89 that I can drive around.

Here's a little more info on the car.

'92 Auto
71,5xx miles (just rolled over 71,500 on the way home...about 12 miles from where I bought it)
Moon Roof
chromed wheels
lowered
shift kit
2 10" subs in the trunk...may install my 15" instead...not sure.
It had the JBL sound, but that has been replaced. I've got to take a close look at what is installed to see if I want to keep it or not. But for now, it works well.

Oh, yeah, and here's what my license plate will read, "FUTR SWB"

Back