Anybody heard from Wynn Carter lately

J

Joisey Jim

Anybody heard from Wynn Carter in Texas lately (tbird88). I recently sent him my '94 stock headers for porting, but I'm not getting any response to my e-mails or phone calls !!!
Jim.

Looks like you're on a growing list.

Maybe someone should suggest since he can't seem to connect to the internet, that he go to the public library and use one of their computers. ;) Or, use the precursor to the internet.... the telephone and make contact rather than excuses.

Thanks Richard - I'm not even getting my telephone calls returned though !. The number I have is (409) 833.1916 but the answer machine doesn't announce who it is. Maybe I should try and stop my check, if its not too late. Atleast then I've only lost the used headers that I bought on e-bay.
Jim.

There is someone you can contact that is able to reach him if really necessary. There are too many posts on this already, do a search.

I couldn't find anything on my search, about someone who is in contact with Wynn. So I would appreciate some help on that. I've left phone messages to no avail. I also checked my bank account and Wynn has already cashed my $135.00 check. That's a total of $200.00 I have into those headers already; so I do hope he is an honest guy after all.
Jim.

I called the shop that he works at to get some IC gaskets. The lady told me that he was in Houston. She didnt say for how long though. I left my name and number so he could call me back. I will probably go and pick up them up myself since I already live in Beaumont. I'll see whats going on and let yall know something.

Off topic sorta

sonicman1634 said:
I called the shop that he works at to get some IC gaskets. The lady told me that he was in Houston. She didnt say for how long though. I left my name and number so he could call me back. I will probably go and pick up them up myself since I already live in Beaumont. I'll see whats going on and let yall know something.

Are you going to Calvin's for the weekend get together in N.O.? Don't know about Wynn. I will pass through there on my way from Houston to N.O. Thursday sometime in evening probably.

Guy's I believe Wynn is working on your stuff. I told him to make my manifolds last when he moved and had a problem with one project that set him behind. When he called a few weeks back he was concerned.

I talked to him this morning before he'd left for houston and he was very easy to work with. He's still trying to get caught up on some things.

and yet another post for mr.carter.......good guy. Easy going , hardworking son of a gun.

hell come through, hes a busy/popular guy;)

rookie94sc said:
I talked to him this morning before he'd left for houston and he was very easy to work with. He's still trying to get caught up on some things.
This thread's been active on the bad seller forum for a month and a half now. IMO, you guys are in denial but are still taking rubber checks from a bankrupt excuse account... yet another promise to deliver at a future date but still NO GOODS! :confused: :confused:

rubber check # 1000: I moved my office, so I'm a bit behind
rubber check # 1001: Umm... Can't get DSL.. yeah yeah.. thats it... I can't get my DSL hooked up.
rubber check # 1002: I'm busy, but working on it
rubber check # 1003: Yeah, I got your manifolds, should be done in a month. For your convenience I already cashed the check.
rubber check # 1004: Sorry, I didn't get you message.. dog ate the answering machine.
rubber check # 1005: Oh yeah.. I meant to go to the library, but it closes before I get off work.

TbirdSCFan said:
This thread's been active on the bad seller forum for a month and a half now. IMO, you guys are in denial but are still taking rubber checks from a bankrupt excuse account... yet another promise to deliver at a future date but still NO GOODS! :confused: :confused:

rubber check # 1000: I moved my office, so I'm a bit behind
rubber check # 1001: Umm... Can't get DSL.. yeah yeah.. thats it... I can't get my DSL hooked up.
rubber check # 1002: I'm busy, but working on it
rubber check # 1003: Yeah, I got your manifolds, should be done in a month. For your convenience I already cashed the check.
rubber check # 1004: Sorry, I didn't get you message.. dog ate the answering machine.
rubber check # 1005: Oh yeah.. I meant to go to the library, but it closes before I get off work.

:rolleyes: Do you honestly think the SCCoA would have a banner ad for a "bad seller"? He moved to a better location and got behind on some things. He's not strictly working on his stuff. He's also got to do work for Koko's (the shop he's got a space in). He is working on your guys' stuff.

Last edited:
I met Wynn Thursday night for the first time. Got shop tour. I showed him my new K-Memeber. Got my manifolds and they were better looking than expected.

There was a lot to do to set the shop up for work for them as well as his work for us. He still has some machines to repair and things to bring over I believe. The IC is getting close, it looked like. I saw many parts in stages of completion. Saw gaskets cut out and material to cut more.

Apparantly quit a few customers have been talking to him and getting through. He can't work if he is on the phone. 3-4 calls got through to him at the shop number while I was there, at night untill 10:30 or 11:00, don't remember.

Oh, he skipped our meet in New Orleans this Friday night as well in Gulf States Chapter.

Did he have the manifolds back from the machine shop? He tells me he can ship my stuff if he gets the manifolds back from the shot peening and the machine shop is taking longer and that he was fighting with them to get stuff done.

No they were not. Mine were shot peened from a previuous time.

He does stamp each manifold with customer initials so no mix ups.

He mentioned the manifolds out being shot peened. Said he talked to some of you. Said they will be done when there done.

He is very aware of being behind and trying to catch up.

Note: Before this Wynn was working out of an overstuffed one car garage at home. If all works out for him he will be able to do more volume in future and all ready is actually. However the manifolds are labor intensive. He showed me the tools he uses. I think he got swamped and other events all hit at once. His work is good. He has other projects not on his web site people have him doing which will benefit our cars.;)

I don't know what to tell you if you need manifolds in a hurry for a dead line or if it is your daily driver.

At one time he had stock on 91-93 manifolds I think it was. But I saw no stock.

Doug - do you have that phone number for Wynn's new shop. I understand his problems, but he does need to take a break and call his customers, just to let them know that he received their parts and a best guess when to expect them finished. I'm not in a hurry for my '94 manifolds, so I'd be happy for someone else to jump the queue if their car is off the road. However, I don't know if he even received them ok; but I do know he's cashed my check.
Jim.

I have two sets of manifolds, EGR and non-EGR, that I could get to you over in the ocean state. The EGR set is on the car but the engine is being removed.

Let me know if you need to borrow a set until Wynn sends yours out.

Aaron

Back