Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A dingleberry hone?

You should try those Tbird88 gaskets. Although from what I hear he may be diificult to get in touch with for the time being...

I just ordered myself a 3" dingleberry hone! Anyone who's interested, they sell them here too:

www.cartools.com

Mike, didn't you say a diegrinder was too powerful?

I'll echo what joenintiesc said about Wynn's gaskets. I kept having trouble with a miss and resealed the ICs with his gaskets and picked up over 2 lbs of boost that I was unknowingly leaking. Instead of 13lbs, I'm getting 15lbs.

The die grinder is Ok for the burr but not the hone. It's too fast. I've got an air drill that I use. A plug in high speed electric drill should work Ok. My cordless works but is too slow.
    90 5spd, best ever E.T. 12.250
    best ever 1/4mi speed 112.89 mph
    Current dyno tune 383.54 rwhp 418.88 rwt

When you ported the tube did you use both? Or just the dingleberry? What would happen if I just stuck the dingleberry in the tube? He-he...

I used the die grinder with the burr 1st to chew out the inside, then smoothed out the ripples with the hone.

Just found the missfire. #3 plug wire was just dangling on the end of the terminal not connected at all. It's amazing it fired normally at any time. Must be them iridium plugs .

Gald you found your miss Mike. I just got my nifty 3" dingleberry! Are you sure you used a 3"? It seems kinda big to fit inside the i/c tube...

Wet it with water,WD-40, or some other light lubricant and spin it in with the drill. Goes in much easier that way. You may also have to remove some of the little balls which is what I did, but just a few. Once it's been run a bit they get flattened but stand right up when you spin it. If it's wet with some kind of lubicant it forms a paste which is very abrasive. Just let it run as long as you can sit there and do it. The longer the better but the bigger the mess. I was looking at die grinder speeds and they are from 10,000-20,000rpm which is much too fast while a high speed drill is about 2000-3000rpm and a cordless is only about 900rpm. It might be a bit difficult to put it in a die grinder anyway.
    And oh yeh, I found #5 about to fall off, too. Geez! I must have bumped it when I resealed the tube. I ran it around the block and it's good to go now, it's baaack.

Well, the jury's still out on this one. I didn't set any records but wasn't able to give it a true test. Although it ran great Fri nite and Sat driving to the track, the missfire reappeared when I pulled out of tech. I went back my pit and checked the wires which seemed to be Ok. But on my 1st run I had to abort it early because of the missfiring. Then it cleared up for all my other runs. It became very hard to start several times, though. So I think I've got a crank/cam sensor combo going bad, too. I'll replace them this week. The bolt is still in the balancer and it doesn't wobble at all so I think it's just the sensor but I'll check it to be sure. I also had to dial in my shift light. So I ran a 13.8, turned it up a couple of hundred and ran a 13.4, turned it up another couple and ran a 13.1. I ran out of time for further runs and my last one only had 30-40 mins cooldown. Also, my 60' times were up with only a 2.017 best. My 13.4 run was a 2.3 60' time so there's just no telling at this point. It sure feels strong. The temp was from the mid 50's to the mid 60's with sunshine for very good track conditions. I'll get more opportunities in the next few weeks. I'm a little rusty that's for sure. One kid in an Acura was totally intimidated by it and was really sweating having to run me. Another guy came to me and said that he wished that he'd never gotten rid of his SC, he really liked that car.