Mechanix Gloves

SC UL8R1990

Just curious if anyone here uses these gloves? I had $50 to spend at summit and figured id get some crap for the garage. One thing i grabbed for $19.95 was the Mechanix Gloves. Figured id give them a shot workin on the SC and see how i like them.

anyone else have experience with them?

p.s- i got red to match my sc:D

I use the Sears Professional one that are like the Mechanix version. They are great until you need to get into really close places or need to feel the bolts you are installing.

I wish I had been wearing them when I was swapping my fuel tank to the late model version. I was cleaning the new tank with solvent and while swishing the cleaner around I kind of threw the tank up to get a different grip on it. Well when I grabbed the tank I sliced my index finger on the metal heat shield. I still remember seeing the mechanix gloves on bench in front of me as I felt the pain.... 8 stitches later I was good as new. It was a plus while putting the car back together not having feeling in the tip of my index finger. You can really crank down on nuts and bolts with your finger when you feel no pain.

So if you wear them, Remember to be careful when you are not.

:rolleyes:

they are great! but i mostly use them for snowmobiling. Or when i'm working on something I think about putting them on AFTER i've cut my hand........

the ones i got have the thin finger tips. probably wont use them any time soon...dont really have any projects to work on:(

I've used them alot when crewing on the various race cars I've helped out with over the years. They are great when you have to remove lug nuts and wheels off a car that has been on the track for half an hour ... you're able to actually touch the wheel nuts rather than just burning your fingers !! ;)

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Yes I use them. Some of the best 18 bucks I've ever spent. You can work on cars while there hot and not worry about getting burnt or cut.

mechanix gloves

I go through about 7-8 pairs a year.I use them for nearly everything from racing go-carts to workin on anything i get my hands on.Most of the time i get the M-Pact gloves just so i can use em for work to cut down on killin my hands.

I hope your taking them back to Autozone and getting your replacement gloves for free. Or whatever other store you got them from. :)

yeah if you look on the package it will say 100% satisfaction garuntee. So if they rip then you are not satisfied, so you take them back. Most autozones will replace them.

Back