Moving sucks! Giving up my cars.

MTTod

Finally had to make the decision to move. Just can't make enough money here so time to hit the road. Big problem is my cars :( Can't take them all and need the cash.

Just sold my 1989 XR7 this past weekend, SC is going up for sale next month. Don't care as much about the others, Acura, Celica, Taurus. Won't let the Mav or my Taco go. The wife gets to keep the Regal. Hate to sell the SC.

Hopefully next fall I'll be able to pick up another SC or XR7. Just depends on how the money goes. Haven't had this problem for a lot of years now. Ah well... starting over I guess.

Sorry to hear that man I know what you're going through, if things dont change real soon I'll be living in a cardboard box myself shortly. Since summer is coming I may find a nice overpass or viaduct to stay at until winter comes and then head down south to stay warm.(I'm really not joking)
Good luck to you and I hope things work out.

Sorry to hear it but I never could afford the West. Couldn't afford any other place either. Keep coming back to Dallas area. Always work. No natural resources. No reason it ought to even be here. But there is always work and cheaper to live in than most places. Good Luck. What about the SHO motor? Any idea on cost to ship an engine on palet for the guy down here?

Glad to see you sold the Merc.

I know what you mean obout moving and loosing out on thing you own.

Mike you and your wife can park your cardboard box in my shop.If you
would come up to IL. we could fab up some parts that would make
the SCers drool.Would just need to finish the second floor for living
space.

Randy

Ahhhhh.......I just noticed I did'nt put the little:p after I'm not joking! LOL!!!!!!
Next time I'm up that way Randy we'll get together. Dont worry....I'll give you plenty of warning, I dont just drop in on people.;) :)

how could you let go one let alone 2 supercharged mn12's :(
who knows what will happen to them now alreaghty being a rare car as is... ive only ever seen one other supercoupe in person

Space will be a big problem. Right now we live on my grandparents property. Unlimited use of 35 acres and I have a decent shop. I have no idea what I'll be able to afford over there.

I'm trying to rent a shop that I can park my camper in. Did see a shop/apartment last month for $495. Wish it was about 4 months from now.

Doug... best price I found on shipping the SHO motor was $550. Almost doubling the price to Mike. I'm looking for a decent SHO with a blown motor or tranny right now. One of the yards took one in but I haven't been able to get a price out of them.

One bright spot in all this crap... I'll be able to keep all my tools and shop equipment! As long as I have the stuff to fix cars I'll be able to build the herd again. (without the wife looking over my shoulder this time) :p

Back