Might have a cool new toy..

Trick

I've been looking into getting a chassis dyno for my shop. I ran across a older used model. The guy that owned it hardly ever used it so it's in really good shape. They only down side is it's analog style. But still just as good as new electronic ones. And for the price I can't beat it. Soon as I get word on what H.P. it can handle I might be getting it. They know for sure it will hold up to 600 H.P. which is plenty for the cars I do and our SC's.

They only wanting 5k for it too. Like I said I'll be checking it out some more before I buy.

Trick, forgive me for a stupid questions here... Difference between Analog style and digital style?? Besides the obvious..

RJ

Cool new toy is the understatement of the year.

I could have watched that dyno at the show all day. I love testing like that, solid numbers, no BS.

Kurt

The newer ones has a computer and you just program all the things into it and it corrects for gearing, tire size, etc. The older ones you have to manualy set them up for different cars. In all they are both good for testing just one you have to do more manual labor to setup.

I'm looking forward to getting it so I can run tests to show avg gains on bolt-on's and everything else me or anyone else can think of. Should be getting some more info this weekend on it.

Back