Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cougars, 5-speed/XR7/ all supercharged?

That VIN that you list is missing 1 number or letter.. It's too short.. But I'll run it if you can tell me what the missing digit is..

Oops. 1MEPM6048LH668304
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

It came back OK except for this:
    Date:
    Mileage Reading:
    Source:
    General Comments:

06/08/1990 NICB
    Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
    dealer

05/26/1994 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Mentor, OH
    Title #4300106161
    Title issued
    Loan or lien reported

07/01/1994 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Mentor, OH
    Title #4300106161
    Title issued
    Loan or lien reported

02/12/1996 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Mentor, OH
    Title #4300106161
    Title issued
    Duplicate title issued
    Loan or lien reported

02/22/1996 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Mentor, OH
    Title #4300106161
    Title issued
    Loan or lien reported

11/18/1996 15,007 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Mentor, OH
    Title #4300106161
    Title issued
    Loan or lien reported

10/06/2003 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Cleveland, OH
    Title #4301214306
    Title issued
    New owner reported

12/01/2003 834 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Eastlake, OH
    Title #4301234148
    EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

CARFAX AdvisorTM
    An EML title is issued when the owner discloses an odometer rollover to a DMV. Rollovers occur on vehicles with 5-digit odometers that go from 99,999 to 00,000 every 100,000 miles.

Mileage reported after this reading is potentially unreliable

12/03/2003 834 Ohio
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Madison, OH
    Title #4301235006
    New owner reported
    EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

Exceeds Mechanical Limits
    A vehicle with a 5-digit odometer cannot accurately track mileage after 99,999 miles because the odometer rolls over. This title is the result of a seller certifying under the Truth-in-Mileage Act, that the odometer reading EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS of the odometer.

Didn't the carfax give any mileages?

I bought the car from a junkyard. I am the most recent title holder. The car has obviously sat for many years. Everything about the car seems like new other than being really dirty and scratched up from stuff sitting on it and from someone attempting to break into it. The odometer shows 810 miles and that apears accurate for the motor as it is still on the original belts and filters and they look new. The motor runs excellent now although the gas that was in it was so old it wouldn't run when I got it. I put new spark plugs in and flushed the fuel out and it seems just like new.

It has a sticker on the door jam that says "Vehicle modified by Professional Trim Conversions" but the phone number is no longer valid. It had a stripes and two tone paint scheme that I have never seen before. The carpets and seats show no wear at all. The entire wire harness has been changed as has the dash panel. I mean how many MN12's do you know that have NO play in the door hinges?

I am in the process of putting the car back on the road, but I am really curious about the mileage. When the junkyard titled the car they put the "exceeds" statement on the title because they did not believe the odometer.
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

11/18/1996 15,007 Ohio
    I just saw this. I bet that is the original mileage. It doesn't appear to have been driven much since that time. Judging from the mouse tracks, I'd say it was in a barn.
    Email me here.

strange car

The shifter is bent like in a mustang and nothing matches up my car is for sale now and im asking alot some people may think however my parts match up

Did anyone notice the switch panel on center console is missing the switches??
    What would the second switch be for? Mine only has the switch for the ride control. Just curious.

Kurt

Nothing. The SC's and the 91 XR7's were available with fog lights, but not the 89-90 XR7.
    Email me here.

A cup holder out of a tarus gotta be a conversion

Jeff