Midnight Run

92silverlx

well its friday night and with nothin better to do i decide to take the "land rocket" for a late nite cruise, well i started off on the streets of my town enjoying the mild night,(the sc wuz luv'n that cool air) medium traffic and lively nite scene (all the hot chics)hehe, well i could only bare keeping the gauge at or below 45mph so i headed to the Interstate for a final rip before i call it a nite and u know to blow out that carbon too, well i'm on the interstate and its a good 7-10mile sprint to my exit and i'm cruise'n along at 70-75 when out of knowhere 2 crown vics fly by at around 90-95 well i being inquisitive and stupid catchup and pace about 10 car lengths behind them and examine them closely to see if they are unmarked, well the second car had some damage to the rear fender that looked like it was half@$$'d repaired, so i was like well that ain't no undercover so down went the foot and up went the boost YEAH BABY! within a matter of seconds it was burried and SCYA byby i blasted by and then my heart hit my *&^sac when i saw the lead car hit his lights u know that feel'n your head gets hot and ur like F%$K well i brake hard and pull WAY to the right and to my surprise he jus kept go'n THANK U SC GODS, my lucky freak'n day actually wut i did wuz stupid and irresponsible but man o man was that AWESOME,talk about a RUSH,but it did scare the living $h!T outa me and will be very reluctant to do that again ever, well guys sorry if it was long but i had to share.

Last edited:
I had a similair experience two counties over from me. We ended up there by just driving on the main roads, ended up going over 60 miles away, would have never known. So, I realize how there are a lot of open long roads without cars on em and decide to open up on it. On top of things, it was the first I opened up on it all night. Well, I downshift, and burry the accellerator, jump from 55 to 85, and the fuzz buster goes to full :( . I knew I was screwed, didn't even hit the brakes, as it was too late. Ended up with a few tickets, an I-bond, and $150 in court fines, as well as a year of traveling back and forth to that county attempting to get everything straightened out. Kudos on your gettin it easy though, not often that happens.

In 1996 when I had my first SC I was traveling along a stretch on I80 in California from Fairfield to Vallejo that was wide open. No cars in front of me. I remember stomping on the pedal and holding it for about 20 seconds. Looked down on the speedo and it was bouncing off the 120 mark. I wasn't stopped but if I was I would have been in jail, that's for sure.

Back