Selling my LX

93SuperCoupeBoy

A couple weeks ago, I decided to sell my LX because I wanted a car I could do more with and was supercharged...lol...and just because. Anyways, I borrowed the money ($2000), and got myself a 93 SC that was in the paper. Now i'm in the process of selling my car, I listed it in the paper like so:

"1992 Ford Thunderbird LX 5.0L eng.; AT; PW; PL; mnroof; new AC; Kenwood CD/ MP3 Player; Polk audio speakers; prewired for subwoofers; custom paint job (blue w/ multicolored flake); Streetglow blue neons; aftermrkt alarm; 116K. See to appreciate! $4,500 OBO. 228-#### "

Anyways, from reading what's there, would you say that is descent to ask, or way to high? I am trying to get about what I've put into it in the under the year I have owned it. I bought it back in March of last year, and within then have replaced the AC ($1000), All the radiator hoses ($250), 2 new tires, has stereo, speakers, and wired for subs (appeals to my generation), has the neons undeaneath (was a pain to install i might ad), SC side effects, custom paintjob (BMW Orient Blue Metallic w/ Multicolored Flake [red,green,blue]). Anyways, I don't think it is too much to ask for this car, it really is unique, and I think it has many more miles left on it, the transmission is strong, the 5.0 is strong. I just dont' want to look like a ripoff king or anything. If there are things i should maybe ad before trying to ask this much, that wouldn't require a lot on my part (money wise) I would try to fix up everything the most I could before selling it.
Just looking for some opinions on this, I know most of you probably wouldn't pay that much because you know what you're looking for when getting a Bird though!!!

Nick

well, i thin that price is a little high, unless the car is in MINT condition otherwise.. i would ay 3k - 3.5k at the most. but still try to get as much as you can. if i had the money i'd probably pay that much (just as long as there is no rust or big interior blemishes....). that is the best year for a 5.0 bird anyway, better gas tank (for true dual exhaust) and last year of forged internals stock..... but good luck.

I kinda think it is high myself, but I want to try to make back what I've put into it. I know sometimes you can't get back everything, but basically, I purchased this car for $2200, and almost instantly spend a little over another grand on REPAIRS alone! It has enough add-ons to make a high-schooler happy, which is hopefully who will be interested in it. It has a paintjob that would cost someone a pretty penny to get else where, but it does have it's share of problems. It needs reupholstered interior, but that is about it. If that was done, it'd look complete. As for rust, it has it's fair share of that too, nothing that makes the car useless, but I am getting rid of it so I can be sure that I'll be safe in adding much power to my car. I've had it inspected by a Unibody repair shop, and they said they wouldn't work on it, but that it wasn't anything life threatening to the vehicle, at least, not now. They wouldn't work on it, or at least didn't want to, just because they didnt' want to cause more problems that what they'd fix. All-in-all, it is still a good car, looks wise, and it has a 5.0 w/ enough stock power to please most people. But, list it high to give room for negotiation as well, so...

Nick (again)

Keep in mind - just because you drop X amount of money into a car, doesn't mean you'll see a full return. In the last few years, I've dropped about $3,000 into my T-Bird but I'd be lucky to see that if I sold it unless it was to the right person.

If you run the ad again, put in $3500 OBO - that sounds more fair for a 92 T-Bird. Also might add how many miles there are on the car.

Just my .02
-Andy "Melon"

Hehe.. so it is.. As you can see - I can't read :) $3,000-3,500 still sounds pretty fair. Good luck selling it. I want a V8 'Bird just for the V8 True Duals :D

-Andy "Melon"

Back