powerstroke

ThunderDave

I was suposed to work last night. Got almost to the shop and there was a pole knocked down with power lines across the street. The guy with the power company told me it would be maybe 6 hours before they would be able to let anyone through.

I called my supervisor at home and he told me to come get his truck and use it instead. A 2002 F-250 superduty powerstroke extended cab 4x4. Sweet!!!!!! I couldn't get over how much of a whine the turbo on that thing made. It was a constant whine just about the whole time. Really different from the whine of our cars.

It was really more like a high pitched whistle. I don't know about gasoline cars with turbos, but for me I'll stick with the SC. I love the whine that turbo made, but didn't have the acceleration (I know they aren't built for speed) and there was no boost gauge, duh!!!!

Does anybody here have a powerstroke????

David

Yeah and both the diesel and the 4.6 kick arse!

The Powerstoke Diesel kicks arse, more so when you add a performance program to the EEC, and add a big exhaust. Kind of like the the gas V8's after modified. Love to meet you guys at the track. Let me know when and where. :D

Mike..........:cool:

I have one a 03 f350 dually with the 6.0 liter. Great power, decent fuel mileage and in my opinion the best looks of the big truck. Gotta love that whistle and the torque.

Eric

Love the way they look, but the Powerjoke doesn't even compare to the GM 8.1 Gas motor or the Duramax from GM, and the suspension is horrible for heavy loads.

My buddy and I were loading up railroad ties at 200lbs each and the Powerjoke was sagging in the rear after only 9 ties. The 3500 Chevy was loaded up full, we stopped to keep the ties from hitting the rear window, and the rear end looked just fine.

In the truck market I think Dodge and GM both have Ford beat hands down.

Power Joke 325hp 550Tq 6.0 liter

7.3 Power Joke
275HP Manual 250 Auto
520 TQ manual 505TQ auto

Gm 8.1 340 HP
520ft-lbs TQ @1800RPM’s

Last edited:
I agree with your ride comment--It is terrible but having both trucks 03 Duramax and the 03 powerstrock. The 6.0 powerstroke has quite a noticeable increase in power over the Duramax.

With a trailer on the back the Powerstroke is superior, (providing the road isn't too bumpy!) Keeps its speed up the hills, doesn't shift back and forth through the gears to keep speed like the Duramax. Fuel mileage almost the same.

8.1 liter? Absolutlely no interest in this machine. 340 hp? at what rpm. I get peak hp in both trucks at around 2200 rpms. 5-10 miles to the gallon no thanks. If towing is not a consideration and you want the quickest truck maybe this one. But if you want the quickest truck with a big load on the back--without having to rev the hell out of it all the time and have some sort of mileage this one is not even a thought.

Dodge upgrades their newest diesel--great hp and torque if you get a 6 speed. 55 less hp if you want the auto and its a four speed. Nice looking truck and better ride then the Ford but still not as nice as the GM.

IMO--If you could put the 6.0 liter powerstroke with the drivetrain into the GM chasis with the Ford looks you would have the ultimate truck.

:) Getting an extra 4mpg is not that big a deal really, when you consider that in most places desiel is more expensinve the 87 octane gas anyway. So it offsets even. Now, I do agree that for long life and massive pulling power at the lowest RPM than the desiel is the way to go. :)

Diesel is typically 10-15cents a liter less up here in Canada and the prices remain pretty consistant. (approx 38 to 57 cents less a gallon) Here its a considerable difference. Also taking in to account that you can go an extra 100-150 miles to a tank full or more. I see your point about the prices down in the States last time I was there prices were the same and higher in most parts I stopped in. I can see where it would be hard to justify the extra $$ for the diesel truck(any one of them):)

not too mention just to add the desiel as an option costs around 4000-6000 dollars extra just to get the motor.

Back