Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sc vs. gt

sc vs. gt

this guy at work just bought a new 02 mustang gt with a 4.6l and 5 speed.i was looking at the car and i know it has eibach springs, bassini x pipe with cats and mac exhaust,saleen caster plates,that was all the mods that i could see.he got the at from a ford dealer so the previous owner did all the mods it has 10,000 miles on it.

do u guys think i could beat him in a race?
    and if not what would i have to do to my car to beat him?
    my mods are listed below.
    how much hp and torque do the 4.6 have?

If you were stock, he'd likely woop your azz but seeing that you're all polished and ported with exhaust mods, it'd likely be very close.
    Race him and let us know how it goes. Ya know ya want to.

With a capable driver, there isn't any reason why that Mustang wouldn't see 13.5's at the track. I think you're going to need a bit more to keep up.

Thomas

pull a couple of his spark plug wires when hes not lookin

With a capable driver, there isn't any reason why that Mustang wouldn't see 13.5's at the track. I think you're going to need a bit more to keep up.
    those 4.6L are that fast. i thought it was like low 14's.

Originally posted by ZOOMBUGGY3
    those 4.6L are that fast. i thought it was like low 14's.

Yes. Stock they were pulling of times like 13.8 @ 102 in the car magazines. With just an exhaust, and whatever else he has done 13.5's wouldn't be hard to get. And he would consistantly be trapping at 100+ mph. Don't even bother with your mods, he WILL beat you.

Most of the stock Mustangs I run against here run low to mid 14's. I usually blow their doors off running heads up. The only ones to run 13's had a Vortec on it last year and the one quad cam 4.6 with a 111,000 on it which ran a 12.8 Sat.
    90 5spd, best ever E.T. 12.250
    best ever 1/4mi speed 112.89 mph
    Current dyno tune 383.54 rwhp 418.88 rwt

that 4.6 will stright hand you your ***. Those cars are fast. 14.5 stock.

wouldn't really worry about him. If you can launch well, then run him out of the hole. Or just run him from a 2nd gear roll and say goodbye to him when you hit 3rd. I didn't see any gears listed in your mods list. That might hurt you quite a bit out of the hole, so better yet run him from a roll. I don't think you will have a problem. I pulled a 2000 GT from a roll with nothing more than gears and a pulley.

man the guy dont want to race me.he say to me i just bought the car i dont want to beat on it. i told him ( you just scared to race me) just to see if he would race me.my boss has a 03 convertible 4.6L gt he says to me ill race you for $700. im like i dont have that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket. me and the other guy go home allmost the same way so ill try to line up with him.

wouldn't really worry about him. If you can launch well,
    i can launch the car pretty go with the stock gears. im hopping to go to the track this spring for the first time to see what i can run.
    (lebanon valley) in NY.

Talking Hmmmm...... Well since I own both cars.....

I will give you an honest answer to your question. Mustang GT's after 1998 are low 14 second cars (stock).

In my opinion you will need a hell of a lot more than a great launch to win against that Mustang GT. I am not going to spin your wheels on this one. My wife has beaten up on me and my twin-brother enough for me to be honest with ya!

The Mustang launches great, and if he is an average driver from first to second the race is O V E R.
    You can mod your car enough to beat the Stang eventually..........everything has it's price.

Dirtybird91

he already has a good list of mods
    I think it will be a good race.

they are over rated
    I beat a few with my sc when it was stock.
    and a well moded one just before I blew my motor, once with my ported blower and ported stock intake ported heads exh manifolds and hi flow cats, ported mass . I pulled 2 cars on him ,

he had mass tb cold air intake, headers, borla exh, then he on a set of injectors and a chip ,
    i installed my inverted with stock pully no ic just cool can cooling gas to 33 deg f and I pulled three car lengths on him ,

he says he turns 14 : 30s but truth be told he spun wheels alot .

I got total traction so take it with a grain of salt.

Thumbs up YEAH....

You could be right 1BADSC, but I know from experience that the stang will be ready for war.
    Let us know what happens if you can get this guy to race man! Good luck and I hope you spank his @$$.

DB91

Thumbs up Manny!

Originally posted by mannysc
    they are over rated
    I beat a few with my sc when it was stock.
    MANNY! PASS THE CRACKPIPE DUDE!

Just joking my good friend!

Frank