Thread: Ford GT commercial...

Oak Ridge, TN

Ford GT commercial...

I just saw the commercial for the 2nd time. I was noticing that there wasn't any supercharger noise. Do you guys think that you would be able to hear the supercharger on a car like this or could the exhaust be loud enough so you couldn't hear the supercharger?

Washington PA
    I would imagine they have it pretty muffled. However, when you are infront of a supercharged car the whine is very loud, but I think the one on the GT faces backwards anyway. So I don't think you would hear it too well in stock form.

The car was designed so the huffer was not as audible as the Cobra, SC or Lightning. Ford wanted you to hear the exhaust-and believe me, you hear that thing coming! Can't wait for delivery in 05-have had one on order since the announcement-the dealership I'm dealing with ended up with three-2 for customers and one for the owner of the dealership-he plans on keeping his in the showroom to attract business.

If you listen closely, however, when Rod Millen pulls that first powerslide, you'll hear the huffer howl for a couple of seconds-the pitch is just above the sound of the tires.
    Last edited by Birdman93; 03-01-2004 at 03:38 AM.