Tint Questions

SC UL8R1990

I think im going to take my SC in for tint in a couple weeks. Im not getting it too dark just going to the legal limit here in ohio. My question is.....what makes window tint turn purpleish? or is that a color that you can pick? Cause i really just want a black tint, not that purple looking tint. Or is it just old age that turns black tint purple?

Hoping you guys can help me out a bit. I want a little more black incorporated with my red SC. So i think a nice shade of tint will contrast the black molding and such.

-Walter

old age is the reason that u see some tint turning purple. the tint on my car was purple until i had it redone. u can also get it in alot of different colors, red, blue, yellow. my car has black tint with a morror colored flame in it, but its wat ever u want, mot places will do ne number of designs for u.

There are (at least) two different basic types of window tint film - dyed and metallized. Dyed tint film sucks and will eventually turn purple due to the effects of the sun. Metallized films use metal instead of dye to provide the tint, so they won't change color over time. BTW "metallized" doesn't necessarily mean it has that mirrored metallic look to it. Look for a brand such as Madico or Llumar, these are good.

Doesn't using windex and ammonia cleaners contribute to the color change?
Mine was purple too. MS has a lighter max tint, but it still looks 200% better. 12 years or so on the car, the original tint's probably just done it's time.

Back