Group Buy on new pulley kit!

joenintiesc

Get ready for car show season with this dress up (and
hp saving) stock size aluminum pulley kit from SCI !
www.supercoupeinnovations.com

The following is the SCI description of the kit:

This kit includes the following pulleys:
Crank shaft
Water pump
Alternator

This is the only stock diameter kit available for the
SC out there. The weight of the stock steel crank,
water pump and alternator pulley is a total of 8-3/4
pounds. Whereas the 3 SCI pulleys weigh in at only
5.02 pounds.!!! That’s a savings of over 3-1/2 pounds
of rotating mass.

The pulleys are clear anodized to help protect against
the elements and prevent belt wear. The crank pulley
is zero balanced, to bolt onto your car right out of
the box. The crank pulley also has the off center hole
mark with the letters SCI engraved above it. This will
help you line up the off center hole without guessing.

bluestock.JPG

Ten people with paid orders would qualify for a
reduced price of $260. This would be a savings of $25 over the regular price. Shipping would be $25 per order.

Post here if you are serious about getting in on this GP. First we will need a list of 10 people who intend to buy and will actually go through with forking over the money. :)

If we can get ten people interested by 3/17/04, payments can then start being submitted via paypal, (the email address on the site will access the SCI PayPal account) certified cheques and money orders.

I will update with names below:

Name List :

1. Joe Brauner (1 set)
2. Doug Franklin (1 set)
3. Josh Brianas (1 set)
4. Flip (1 set)
5. Victor Malvar (1 set)
6. kamakazie_1/ RJ (1 set)
7. Bryan/ SuperChicken89 (1 set)
8. Rich Thompson (1 set)
9. minbe (1 set)
10. Douglas Walker (1 set)

Last edited:
Although there has been some interest in the crank pulley by itself, right now Ryan of SCI is only offering the set. In the future he may just sell the crank pulley alone, but for now he doesn't want to break up the set of three...

Doug, I will add you name to the list, post back if for some reason you change your mind or are unable to follow through.

If we can get ten people interested by 3/17/04, payments can then start being submitted via paypal, (the email address on the site will access the SCI PayPal account) certified cheques and money orders.

thats the same size as stock alt. pulley exact?

I would be interested if so

no master card? how bout business check?

who wants my polished march pulleys(POS)
less than a year--cost me an arm and a leg!

thanks
Josh

Yes the alt pulley is the same diameter. Paypal can let you use your credit card. As stated above, those are the only forms of payments I would accept.

joenintiesc, thank you for your time to set this up. I'll do my best to keep an eye out for questions that I can answer.

Doug, in the future I may offer the crank only in the stock size, it seems to be an option I must look at.

the jack shaft pulley that you sell

is that also the same as stock size?

will it work fine with a 5 % blower pulley?

and if so--can it be included with the rest of the pulley set?

thanks Josh

The js pulley is the same size as stock, only lighter. I'm using it now with a 5% blower pulley with no problems.

The group buy is for the pulley set as described. When you say "can it be included...?", if you mean can you run all four pullies together on your engine plus a 5%, the answer is yes.

thanks for the reply

what will the total price be for the set of 4 pulleys and
a rough estimate on shipping
whats the time frame? within a month?

thanks Josh

Question? How do these compare to the SPC pulley set? Is it just the finish? Looking to buy just trying to find out the facts, Thanks, Flip

This is the only stock diameter kit available for the SC out there

When you say "SPC pulley set", are you really referring to the SCP pulley set?

If so, that set is an "underdrive" pully set. The water pump and alternator pullies are actually larger than the stock size in an underdrive pulley, and turn the water pump and alt. slower than a stock pulley, thus freeing up a small amount of hp. Some people do not like the idea of underdriving, or slowing down, the alternator and water pump.

The pullies in this group buy, though not underdrive, are still lighter than the stock pullies, which should still free up a small amount of hp as well.

10-4 That was a typo on my part, I understand what you mean about the diff. Thanks, Flip

Hey Flip, Dan and Bryan and JJ and I bought the SCI jackshaft pulley a while back... I'm sure Bryan got his on, really nice piece of work, I'm ordering the rest of the SCI pulleys for my 95 along with the hartland tensioner pulleys and the two piece PS pulley set...

RJ

Subscribing to the thread. I am considering the purchase of these but not ready to commit 100% right at this moment.

Flip... I do have the SCI JS pulley on my car. Very nice workmanship on the part and would highly recommend it to anyone considering one.

Bryan

Add my name on the list, wished I gotten on the list for the JS Pully. Thanks,
Flip

Pulleys Group buy!

Hi Joe, I am also interested in the pulley set. This will go well with my new Projet car. Count me in. The shipping seems a little high for a such light weight item. I am still in! Is the insurance included? This is something to think about... If it gets lost some people would be upset.This fee also covers the cost of shipping it. It should be included in the price. It's very inexpensive usually o.60 per $100.00 dollars. That is nothing compared to the price of the pulleys. If they are not included in the price,I would like to request insurance on mine. A tracking number would also be real beneficial to all.We insure everything we ship at our cost. It saves headaches. Just trying to cover all the bases. Good Work! Victor & Diane
www.spinningwheels-sc.com

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that these are shipping from Canada. I will check with Ryan on the shipping insurance and get back to everyone.

5 more to go and we all save $25! :)

Yes, insurnace is covered in the cost of the shipping and handling. I have to pay a little more, because I have to ship from Canada. A tracking number can also be given to anyone who would like one. It takes between 7-10 business days for delivery. I have only had trouble when sending to Hawaii, that took about 2 months, Canada post says that was normal for that shippment(yeah right).

Brianas, time frame for the shipping will ASAP. once we have the names, payment, I'll ship rigth away. I can ship the J/S along with the other pullies. The shipping would only be a small amount more, because the box is heavier.

Thanks to all those who have taken out the time say some nice words about my pullies.

Back