SC TOPS! Dial-Up beware!

3/4 tops & double i/c,s

:eek: :D :cool: :confused:
89SCK@t said:
I got the top done, finally! I dhould be able to get the other tops done a lot quicker than the I got this one done...I will be going back this weekend to get another one done...Well, Im going to be going there all this week to draft up all the different braces for my car...but we will be getting another top done this weekend.

Here is the some pics of the top...It looks like crap, i know...but the next one that gets done will be a heck of a lot better.

Test fit on the car after I found out that the top wouldn't fit...All you nay sayers were RIGHT!! You like that!! I had to swallow my pride!! hehe:D
PICT0037_1_.jpg

Here it is with a piece of aluminum tack welded in place on the car...
PICT0039_1_.jpg

This is with the piece welded in.
PICT0040_1_.jpg

This is with it all welded up and put into place. It fits!! to the STOCK tube! Yeah buddy! Looks ulgy, but it works.
PICT0046_1_.jpg

Now, I can garauntee that the next top will not look as bad...He had to fab up the piece on the spot to fit...next time he will have a tube crafted up so it doesn't look like crap.

Again, if anyone wants a top, let me know...I will know the turn around time next weekend.. NEED BETTER PICS .

Stephen

Two things for 89SCK@t:

Please either resize your pictures or find someone that can assist you in doing that.

Since this has turned from a discussion of how to make tops into one that involves selling tops, it needs to be reposted in the classifieds like the other for sale ads.

Please post your for sale info in the classifieds or this one will be moved there very shortly.

ThunderRoad -- I never claimed to be a wiz with a camera...and its a new one...so...I cant take good pics with it cause I don't know the limitations of it...

gldiii -- resized them! :D well...just cropped out the useless junk in the photos...I will post my info in the For Sale section...

Stephen

Tips on pics.

You are trying to take them too close. If you have a Macro function (usually in the menu, or a switch) There will be a symbol that looks like a flower in any case. Use that it's for taking pics less than12" away.

If you can't get the pics to resize then use Paint and use the strech/skew function, and put in 50% on both hor and ver sections. Save it as a different file in a different folder if you like.

Jeff

J57ltr said:
Tips on pics.

You are trying to take them too close. If you have a Macro function (usually in the menu, or a switch) There will be a symbol that looks like a flower in any case. Use that it's for taking pics less than12" away.

If you can't get the pics to resize then use Paint and use the strech/skew function, and put in 50% on both hor and ver sections. Save it as a different file in a different folder if you like.

Jeff

It was a little cold in the shop and I had the camera in my pocket...so the heat + cold = condensation...other than that it is a really good camera...2.1 megpixel...and its about the size of a Credit card and about 1/2" thick...its sweet! I have some other pics of the cars he has built from the ground up, and the ones he is restoring...some include the Lotus Esprit, Lotus Elan, and the Triumph TR6...He also has a 1/8th scale of a Lotus something(cant remember name) for the kids, its like a little go kart...its awesome! anyway...

Stephen

Ok, fog on the lens, had that happen just this weekend.

Question? Who were the naysayers?

Jeff

Back