Wazee Tensioner Pulleys

DLF

Wazee makes real nice polished tensioner pulleys for the Mustang crowd, and I've got one on my Cobra. I sent him a stock SC pulley and tensioner, and he's willing to make them for us. 3" diameter, stock width, replaceable bearing, using 6061 T6 billet CNC machined aluminum.

He needs to make 30-50 at a time, and they'll sell for ~$42.99 ea. + shipping (est. $11.99 for a set of three). The first batch should be ready in about two weeks.

Any interest?

Attachments

• tensionerone.jpg
    tensionerone.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
Doug seems he already makes a 3 inch pulley..Whats teh difference..And why the change to these from the heartland ones?...Curious

The three inch pulley he makes for the Mustang's isn't wide enough and interferes with the tensioner. The Heartlands aren't finished well enough for my tastes

hey all. The pulleys should be done hopefully by the end of the week. I ordered 20 so quantities are extremely limited. They may even be done as we speak. The shop told me that the pulleys had to go through one more test for clearance on the bracket and they will get the correct milling on the backside. I will visit the shop in the morning. BTW, I am a nut about quality. They are going to be bad a$$ pulleys. If you have any questions you can call me 904-591-5803 10am-10pm est.
Mike

I polish the pulleys but I don't get inside all the little areas. That would take a lot of time and nobody wants to spend big bucks on a pulley. I don't even waste my time coating pulleys. It's like wearing a t-shirt for a bullet proof vest. You can do a final buffing on them and mask off the bearing and spray a little clear coat on the front and back. I saw VHT makes some high temp clear coat that looks like it would do the trick.

sorry about the reflections but you can see the surface really well in this pic. I added a crowned bevel for extra grip ability.
supercoupe2.jpg
supercoupe1.jpg

so guys whats the thinking on these pullies???

i went to the ebay auction they look like a sweet pulley! but im a little worried about the "should fit" part of it.....i have an 89, will they fit for syre or not??? also if they are made in sucha limited quanity what-if a bearing goes bad on one of them(since they are replaceable im assuming that one can be bought or "warenteed"??

i would love to buy a set off ebay tomorrow AM if my few questions can get answered!

i was going to buy some billet flow but they didnt seem to interested in having mu businesss......took 3 days to get a reply email which said to call a different number....

todd

Last edited:
hmm, I don't know all the cross reference years, I was just covering my butt in case with the might fit. If you decide to get one and don't like it just send it back. I just request you return it like you got it. The bearing is a standard bearing which you can buy anywhere. it is a 6203-2RS bearing which is the automotive industry standard for ford and chevy pulleys. about 5 bucks at napa. No offense but I think the bearing will outlast your car.

The bearings are replaceable, you can get spares and snap rings on Wazee's web site.

As for the fit, I sent him a stock tensioner and pulley, which is what he used to design them.

I've got a set on the way, so you can wait for me to get them if you want, but since I'm already using his pulleys on my Cobra, I'm pretty confident.

wazee said:
hmm, I don't know all the cross reference years, I was just covering my butt in case with the might fit. If you decide to get one and don't like it just send it back. I just request you return it like you got it. The bearing is a standard bearing which you can buy anywhere. it is a 6203-2RS bearing which is the automotive industry standard for ford and chevy pulleys. about 5 bucks at napa. No offense but I think the bearing will outlast your car.

Now thats what im looking for!!! i will order a set now!

set ordered(ebay name nthcoastcom and paid from paypal(hatrick5@juno.com)

also do you offer any w/d progams for your mustang pullies???

todd

Last edited:
maybe I am just sleepy but what is w/d?

btw, you will get your box no later than monday. I am shipping in the morning priority mail.

Back