3.8L Intake Front/Rear Seal

Rich Thomson

The Fel-Pro intake kit MS-94045-1 uses cork gaskets for the front and rear seals. I found the Ford Winstar 3.8L uses the seals below. Metal and rubber gasket holds much better than the cork. You can purchase the gaskets individually. F65Z-9A424-AA and F65Z-9A425-AA are the part numbers. Picture is below.

Rich:)

intake-gasket.JPG

If your intake gaskets came with the cork, they are old stock. The new felpro kits include a molded neoprene seal.

Lot of chatter on this one. Both sets are correct, it just appers they have upgrade the cork gaskets to the rubber ones in the newer kits.

I got this additional information from David via email:

The last set that I purchased was HS 9642 PT which is the standard SC set as far as I know. The reason that I am sure this is a newer set is that inside the box was an advertisement for the new Felpro MLS gaskets. The manifold end seals are blue rubber and molded to fit the block. The box also lists on the outside of it the part numbers for each individual seal or gasket. The end seals in this set are 1-91945-1 and 1-91946-1. I do not have the part numbers from an old cork set but someone could check it out.

It will probably take some time to clear out the old stock. If you do get cork and want the molded gaskets, you can always use the part number provided and purchase them separately.

I bought a set last year (Ford Part Number F4ZZ-9433-A) which may be for both the 3.8 NA and SC versions. The neoprene front and rear seals were included in the set.

I found the remains of an old package that had the cork gaskets and the only difference I found was that that manifold seal part numbers did not have the -1 extension. Hope that helps.

Back