Automatic Climate Control

slowhands

Hi All

Just noticed I hear a slight hissing, or blowing soud thru the front vents, under the radio, on my sc 93 coupe. At times, when Im driving the odor, becomes quite evident, and the window needs to be opened. This all occurrs when the climate control is in the off position, go figure. Other then this, the climate control feature is in perfect working order.

Before I bring it into the shop, where the guessing games begin, does anyone have an idea, a clue, some type of enlightment, that can tell me what is causing this problem. One other thing, when I have the blower on, some times, not all the time, I hear teh fan rattle in between the vents. Would wd40 do the trick and where do you apply??

confused in New York
Steve

when u hear the "hissing" sound is the blower motor on? if so and u can smell an odor (if it smells like cow poop) then most likely someone tried to recharge the A/C with r-134 refrigerant and did it themselves not realizing the system needs to be recharged by a certified tech with equipment to do so, however the smell may persist with the blower motor off aswell. hope this gives u an idea

Joe

Back