Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Intake Modifications (pics)

Single plain intakes don't have individual runners
    Actualy they still do have runners...Just not as long..And nothing like an SC intake which truly has no runners at all
    Doing a JD. Current most HP/TQ per lb of boost, turbo or Supercharged FActory 3.8 SC v6 ford block based. Yahh Buddy
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Time for the reserection. Who has had the mod done? Who can give some good solid numbers? Who cant give good solid numbers and just wants to talk more about it? Who can give a GOOD seat of the pants "Only mod I made and drove it again" feel?

Rich, What does your porting job consist of?

Chris

Coy Miller removes the center triangle on his stage 2-3 engines. Coy did the porting on my intake and he removed the triangle inside the intake per my request. I had asked Coy to flow the intake before and after but he was unable to get it on the bench and back to me fast enough. As for before and after tests I have none. I have driven my project car with the intake but with all the other mods I cannot give an accurate response to doing just the intake mod. Single plane intakes traditionally do not have a air divider inside them. This OEM intake from Ford used on the SC is the first I have seen. As for just porting the intake Coy does this to all his engines. Gasket matching and porting will always promote better air flow. The term laminar flow is a result of smoothing the air flow across a surface. Laminar air always flows faster than turbulent air flow. I'm sure someone eventually will have a controlled before and after intake test.

Rich

Siiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh...another dead end... ...Oh well. Time to pull the spare engine outta the car..

Thanks rich

Chris