Thread: Possible new owner of '90 SC.. AT

Talking Possible new owner of '90 SC.. AT

This will be my forth vehicle... I know most of the basics of owning a car (i.e. fluid changes). I have done quite a bit of research, through this site and others, posted by sccoa forum members, on how to keep one of these bad boys regular and maintained...I feel I am ready to take one home for myself.. I know that this is more than a car.. It's a hobbie, almost a way of life...

Original Ad: 90 T-bird Super Coupe, supercharger, exc. cond.,leather, loaded, black, alloys, very nice. $3300. obo
    I'm buying from the original owner, they're selling for a more suitable family car..I have talked to the owner already about the history on the car..

My honest opinion, I feel this is a little steep with the miles alone..
    Although, I checked the kelly bluebook, with the miles and same options.. it goes for $3,600, listed as "excellent" condition

My father owns an '89 SC and gave me the low down on what to look for..
    Radiator Leaks and separations
    Heater Core Leaks (check passanger footwell for dampness)
    If the AC is working correctly, and if it has been charged.. How.. if it was done the with the retro fit, or with propane..
    Check the Hood shocks.. pain in the arse to work with a busted hood...
    figure out when the last major tune up was...
    And check for, his current problem, the dreaded ABS leak

I'm also calling a friend with me, who's a machanic, to help me out with all of this..before i cut the owner a check..

Is there anything else I should look for?

If you plan to list something very technical.. when it comes to me and cars.. K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid)

Ask about the HG's see if they were replaced already. Is it totally stock? If so if u get it get that ~~~ restricted exhaust off and get a hi flow unit on there.

Jay

forgot about the hg's lol and ya it's totally stock, so i'll check the exauhst system
    thnx for the tip

Question How many miles ??

How many miles were on the '90 SC when he was asking $3300. for it??

Mines for sale with 71k miles for 2500 and mint! 91 sc