Power window motor gears

H GREENLEY

Does anyone know if any manufacturer carries the plastic gears inside our power window motors.

Ford only sales the motor as a unit.

Thats just not right we should have to pay $150. bucks for a unit instead of 1/10th that for the gears.

Thanks

I solved that problum by using old nuts that I cut and filed down to take place of the disintegrated plastic. Other guys have used nylon dowels cut to fit, and I have also seen the cams(gears) sold on Ebay for a few $.
It took me 45 minutes, and 3 nuts to fix my window. I called Ford and they told me $150 for the motor, and $100 labor!
Start to finish the swap can't take more than 20 minutes, yet Ford wants $100....
I posted a thread with pictures of the process but I can't find it. Let me know if you have any qestions.
Tom

Gears are available separately from Ford, they're just not listed for many vehicles past the mid-1980s.

I'll post the number for them tomorrow when I get back to work.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

TOM thank for your reply I would like to see those pictures of how you used those nut to make it work. Also if you can't find the photo a discription of how you did it will help me very much. I was trying earlier to figure a way of doing something along the line myself.

ED I will be looking for that part number tomorrow and any advise as to where I may get them.

Thanks

Thanks for your replys everyone. I fix the motor today and will be posting a link with photo's and explanation on how soon.

Fixed window window gears

Hey, i had the same problem with the little plastic things chewed up in both window motors. My remedy, I went outside shot 6 rounds from a little .380, found the bullets and threw em in with a little grease. Works like a charm eversince. :D :D :p

<html>Well folks below is the link to my power window fix, click on it to see<p><a href="http://community.webtv.net/corkey1969/HowtosHowitsdone/">Power window motor Fix</

Power Window Motor Fix

H GREENLEY - It appears that the 'plastic-fasteners' you used are what you can buy at Chekker or AutoZone known as 'LicensePlateFasteners', correct?
By the way, the pics are EXCELLENT!!!! Thank you for posting them!
:cool:

Of course we could just buy the kit from Autozone for like $12 and get the dowls and the outer gear brand new, they even include the grease for it..

Cheers

RJ

Back