Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What mods for 300 HP

I just got my (auto) SC dyno'd Friday night (30 Apr) and am at 250 rwhp and 340 rwtq with stock heads, cam and injectors (30lb'ers). My SC may be a little freakish though, but I did not spend a huge amount of cash. In fact, I don't have any MP stuff on my car at all. Some of the mods that I have are not required for that hp level, but aid tremendously in the drivability of my car. You can see all my mods on my member page. I've spent roughly $4400 over the last 3 years to get there too. It is a significant amount of money, but still no-where near the price for all the MP stuff.

Bottom line is that there is as many ways to get power as there are SC still left in the world. Everybody has their own idea of what works and doesn't. I'm one that's not sold on the institutionalized version of what you have to do. I did a lot of research and went my own way to get there...and I got there. Now I'm in for the bigger mods to go even faster and have more power.

Angry Still Waiting On My Parts!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlinginBeauty
    Heres what Bill at SCP sells as his "300HP" Package, can be found here:http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/HP%20Packages.htm
    Not sayin that will actually get you 300HP but its an idea of where to start with. Also does not include any sc porting, just boltons. Goodluck on your quest to 300hp. Zach
    WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??????????? BE OVER A MONTH NOW......SHOULD I PUT YOU ON THE BAD SELLERS LIST????JUST A THOUGHT//////////

ThunderRoad don't complain to much about (ZACH)SlyinginBeauty
    and not getting all your parts.He riped me off,I complained and got on
    the bad buyers list,for getting robed.

RANDY
    Last edited by Randy N Connie; 05-23-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Angry Can,t We Had Him Banned From The Site

Till he makes " GOOD" with all that have been scammed by him???

amazing how i just found this thread lol... some of RWHP #'s are wrong bc i dynod my at 215 RWHP BONE STOCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash00527 View Post
    amazing how i just found this thread lol... some of RWHP #'s are wrong bc i dynod my at 215 RWHP BONE STOCK.
    yah....your numbers are wrong....another feelgood dyno...

how are they wrong? That's what the dyno read back in 2002. Thats also when I really started to getting into modding cars. So i was maybe a little naive in some sense.

Well..... it was really 215 without the air filter and 205 with it. That was the final highest # as I recall. I have the sheets somewhere. The starting # was around 189-196 if I remember correctly.

Well, lets do some math. Stock 94/95's had 230 hp & 330 tq at the flywheel. Calculate driveline loss at 25% for auto and 20% for manual and you come up with 173 rwhp for auto and 184 rwhp for manual. 215 or even 205 rwhp seems aweful high for a stock 94/95 in my book so either you dyno'd on a friendly dyno as mentioned or you have a 1 of 1 factory freak.......just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by nickleman60; 03-06-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

well I'm not really arguing with you. I've dynod most of my cars and i understand driveline loss percentages. I have had 22 cars in my lifetime lol But going my calculations from my cars. driveline loss falls between 15%-20%

the main 3 I've always kept in past 10 years were my 02 Camaro SS, 87 Grand National and my 95 SC.

Like I said... back than I had just started getting into really getting into modding cars and dynoing. So it very well can be wrong, unless im thinking of those #'s with another car. I'm very meticulous with all my car records. i'll just have to find it.

Don't worry about it. Dyno numbers are not a reliable indicator of usable power on an SC. SC's respond dramatically to intercooler and engine temps. It is very possible to get a dyno number much higher than the factory rating just by having a variety of factors stack up in your favor. I've observed a bone stock 89 that dyno'd over 200rwhp. It wasn't a freak at all, just the result of a variety of things. At the track, they all run the same on the same day unless something is wrong with them, regardless of dyno #'s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

x2

this thread is 6 years old

my 92 bone stock put down 200.5 rwhp

i now have an s-port on her but i also run 87 octane so shes down on power only 13 degrees of timing above 3k, below that though she feels the same

just call me..... Graaaaavedigger OR ....The Resurrector lol

Resurrected again...lol

Throw back Thursday ? Things have come a long way since then.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage