Search function doesn't work

35th T-bird SC

What's the dealeo? Wnated to search and I either get no info available or some screen where I can choose search types but no results.

Me too...

I ran into that same problum, and it was as if it only searched the current posts and not past posts?? Was going to give it a day or two and try again, glad I'm not the only one. :(
Tom

The search index needed to be rebuilt which is basically indexing every single word in every single post (230,000 of them), which is what was bringing the server down. I finished indexing the site today.

Enjoy,
Ron

I hit the search button on the top of every screen, it's a drop down box that I can type the info in and hit go, then it brings me to a search options page where you can change a bunch of settings. Sometimes it works but usually it takes me to that options page.

O.K. this is getting anoying, why would my search function work at my computer at work but not at home. I tried logging out, deleting cookies and it still just takes me to the setup screen instead of giving me results.

I can access the seacrh page.
It will give me a page with only this on it at every search :
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/domains/sccoa.com/forums/search.php on line 946

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0"

The shortest word length to search is 3 and the longest is 20.

Most of the issues experienced with the search occur on browsers that are not up to date and with too high a level of security. Are you on a Mac or a PC? Does the search work for words between 3 and 20 characters in length?

ok seems fine now ... teh only thing is that if you use a 2 letter word in your search it will just give me an error ...
other then that everything is fine.

thx anyway.

-------
I'm on PC with all possible update for win xp ... (no need to worry for my computer I studied in that field)

blkthndr said:
Ron,
I am still having problems. This is what I am getting for a result:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the www.sccoa.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

thanks
Ken

Back