Where can I get a good new lower control arm with ball joint for my 90 regular TBird

Gears

In Ajax(Durham area) or GTA is fine.
I would prefer the ones with grease nipples.

Should I just buy the Ford ones?(make a trip up to Fine Ford in Bolton?) Maybe I'll call him up and ask the price.

Are the Canadian Tire ones any good?

This are not too difficult to replace are they? I have done upper control arms and tie rods on the TBird and lower control arms on a Tempo.

Basically I'm just looking for a good quality one for a cheap price. Just want to keep the car running well as I am on a budget.(Squeaking sound from front end, pass side ball joint was replaced by mechanic, I replaced both upper control arms and tie rods 2 yrs ago(25 km ago).

I have greased both tie rods and the pass side ball joint. The drivers side does not have a nipple, but I used the grease syringe. It seemed to help, but this must be the one making the squeak as it is the only one i have yet to replace.

90 Tbird not supercharged.
270,000km
Gears

P.S. Do i need an alignment after I replace the control arm?

I would think Carquest or NAPA would carry MOOG balljoints/ control arms. MOOG is the company that I know of off hand who makes them with Grease fittings..

For a regular.. Tbird..(3.8?) the lower contorl arm I think the part #'s for the Moogs are

left #k80053
right #k80055

Last edited:
squeek

swaybar end link ..they make a hard to find noise .and hard to oil or greese the way it bolts ...to the spindle....if it's a squ:eek: you are looking for.... ..for replacing the lower control arm..dave

Back