Another stupid rant about GAS prices...

stocker 89

Well it appears that our own federal and state goverments are the reason for soaring gas prices... Here in IOWA the price for 92 premium is 1.85 a gallon.. The cheap stuff is going for anywhere from 1.65 to 1.70 this gas is bad gas it has ethanol in it and is horrible for high performance cars.. Here in IOWA we use more ethanol as a additive to our gas than any other state the reason for this was to bring the prices of gas down... Guess what the prices are not going down and we are recieveing a product that is for lack pf a better phrase waterd down.. This really makes me angery when gas stations market 91 octane with ethanol as a premium gas and it is not ... Very bad for high compression cars just put some in your tank and you will understand what I'm talking about...

What the heck is wrong with our GOVT? I guess they don't know how to add they continue to say that all is in check with the rising rate of inflation BS BS BS BS....They claim that we as a country are richer today and can afford the inflated prices.. Well I am no genius but there are twice as many people as there were 20 years ago and less jobs so how could this even be possible What is going on is a travisty to our own citizens and the small business man .. I fear the result of this price gouging is the same as what happend to the family farm small timers being ran out of business by corporations this is very bad for the economy.. We might as well get ourselves ready for communism where everything has to be doled out in rations and half go without... These high prices are undoubtly going to effect the poor more than the rich. Gas is used for everything and when the cost of having a pizza deliverd goes up 5 dollars you will know why ... The ripple effect of high gas prices will know doubt hurt the economy more than it will help.....

I thought the whole reason for going to war in IRAQ was to take control of the wells and bring the cheap oil prices back to america... As we all can see this has not happend.... President BUSH and his adminstration should be ashamed of themselves and what they are doing ... Passing the buck off on to OPEC and claiming they are they are the reason is more BS... I am an independant by the way I see the good and bad of both sides... The democrates claim that this is a ploy by the republicans and when we get to election time the prices will fall down to give the impression that things are getting better so BUSH can get reelected... As soon as he is reelected the prices will go through the roof again . It don't take a brainiac to figure out are high gas price problems started when the republicans got back into power... Which goes to prove that are govt especially the republicans only cares about themselves and not its citizens.. They turn a blind eye unless they a affected... It is time for change... Those who work minimum wage jobs are barley making enough money to by gas to get them to work.. It is sad to think you work a 40 week just to be able to put gas in you car .. when is it going to stop... When is our GOVT going to admit its system of checks and balances does not work and add up to what it is supposed to be.. Raising the prices will never help anything it will only put the hurt on.. Can't these idiots see that you have to get paid and make the money before you can spend it... Well I could go on and on and on...

What I would like to know is ... How are the gas prices in other countrys such as Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, any other country for that matter and what is the quality of the gas??????

I do hate to pay high prices for gas, but I don't complain. Inflation should have gas prices at double what they are today. Look at inflated prices or everything else since the 60's. You can get a gallon of gas (that has a large amount of energy contained in it) for a comarable price to some 20 oz waters. That is crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see gas prices closer to $1.00 but I am not going to complain alot. Check Europes prices.

I know that this is a bit old, but it gives you the idea.
a14gas.gif

-Steve

Thanks for the link None2Slow...

I thought the article was kind of discouraging when it said Bush did not even talk to opec about the problems of higher gas prices ... The more I learn the more it stinks of conspiricy... It is no secret we are friends or allies of Iran and Saudi Arabia when it comes to oil issues ... I would hate to think that are GOVT was in on it and screwing its own people... Did we really send our own off to the middle east to die and then not get the rewards and benefits of a job well done.. Sad just plain sad...

I heard Paul Harvey on the radio ... Suggesting that if things get out of control we the people will go back to bootlegging and making our own gas in stills just like the old south used too..

click right hurr for some decent news...could have some cheaper price soon...

BikerSC -- THe graph is also missing Japan...depending on the gas, it can be almost 150 yen a liter...$1 = 125 yen...give or take a few yen. I remember it costing me somewhere around 60-70 bucks to fill up my skyline...had a 17 gallon tank...

Oh, and I just paid 2 bucks a gallon last night...for 91 Octane! Supercharger belt is coming off this weekend...I cant afford the prices...*sigh*

Stephen

I don't exactly love $1.75/gal either but I have to say this much.. As the spoiled nation of whiney Americans that we have become, we had a lonnnnggg ride of cheap fuel.

I get a snicker out of watching the huge Exhibitions and Expulsions (puns intended) speeding down the road. Generally while the driver is gabbing on a cell phone, has no seatbelt, and at least in Texas, feels no reason to be bothered with turn signals or other cars on the road.. In their minds, there is no other traffic on the road. To me, its a form of poetic justice :D

dont whine down here in mexico i pay 2.8 us dls for premium and it isnt exactly the best premium lots of ethanol too. and it will go up 1% each month for the next 20 years , and we get paid like 5-6dlls a day so dont whine.

Last edited:
TbirdSCFan said:
I don't exactly love $1.75/gal either but I have to say this much.. As the spoiled nation of whiney Americans that we have become, we had a lonnnnggg ride of cheap fuel.

I get a snicker out of watching the huge Exhibitions and Expulsions (puns intended) speeding down the road. Generally while the driver is gabbing on a cell phone, has no seatbelt, and at least in Texas, feels no reason to be bothered with turn signals or other cars on the road.. In their minds, there is no other traffic on the road. To me, its a form of poetic justice :D

I oft find humor in similar things in IL also. :D Of course, there is nothing funny about the way they tailgate :eek: :mad:

Be thankful you're not in Canada. Gas here for 92 octane is about $0.99 a litre. Listening to the radio this week, once the conversion from litres to gallons and currency convesion is done, gas is over 15 cents cheaper in the US. Doesn't help that in my province they added a 3.5 cent extra tax on top of all the other taxes. Another reason why by Fall my SC'll be off the road... :(

seriously

i pay on a good day $2.65 for 91 octane. and this is from an arco. if i go lets say 76, its more like$2.75-$2.80. self service. but i still think its worth it to drive a SC.

Merlon said:
i pay on a good day $2.65 for 91 octane. and this is from an arco. if i go lets say 76, its more like$2.75-$2.80. self service. but i still think its worth it to drive a SC.

Thats all? If I could get gas that cheap I would water my lawn with it.Im paying $4.60/imp gal in Canada.

yeah but canadian money is like tissue paper here in the states

kws6000 said:
Thats all? If I could get gas that cheap I would water my lawn with it.Im paying $4.60/imp gal in Canada.

so whats $4 buck in american? $2.00

point is if you have a problem with the price, was about $2.05 about 3 months ago, then dirve a 4 banger. if you eat them 4 bangers and like it, drive your premium gas only SC.

Merlon said:
point is if you have a problem with the price, was about $2.05 about 3 months ago, then dirve a 4 banger.
Yay somebody with common sence! I've talked to so many who complain without end about paying so much for gas but drive V-8's or large cars with bigger V-6's but won't change cars or their driving habits.
I figgure if its not bad enough to make you do something about it, its not worth complaining about.

Back