Blown347

:p

Well David and I got the SC back on the road and it feels great to know
that I'll be making the meets this year, after 2 years of 3.8 problems
and thousands of dollars later I have a reliable 5.0 that has more power
then I ever expected. The car runs and sounds great or I should say
awsome.
The car will smoke the tires through 3rd gear has way more tourqe
then ever before and we still need to put on the ProCharger.Also started on the first turn of the key drove around town today for around a hour and
no problems what so ever. Im just kicking myself for not doing this along
time ago. Im still a fan of the 3.8 however this 5.0 motor rocks.
If anybody has this 5.0 idea going through your head believe me you will not regret this at all.

Oh yeah 1 more thing no way will I sell this thing now. :cool:

Attachments

• cobra1.jpg
    cobra1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:
Looks and sounds nice.I would like to swap to a V-8,for the extra power.
and mostly to get away from the AOD tranny.The 302 would open
the door for more trans options.

RANDY

Last edited:
Chris,

That's great news...I was wondering if it was getting close to start up time. My Lentech arrived last week and the 347 should get here next week, so I'm not far behind you.

David

Fill me in on whats done to that motor. I assume its a stroker short block w/ some aluminum heads and an aftermarket intake. Whats the displacement and what other mods does it have. Procharger will kick ***!!!!

Hey Lazz.. ... What's going on buddy. .. Glad you finally got her running. ..

How about a better picture under that hood. From what I can see it sure is looking purdy!!

Anthony

5.0 in the sc

What headers, motor mounts, oil pan, and electronics (Mustang cpu?)did you use to get the 5.0 in there

XR7 Dave said:
We used all 5.0 Tbird electronics. The headers are MAC Tbird 5.0.

How difficult if at all were the harness changes or modifications necessary for the swap or was it pretty much a bolt in?

Randy N Connie said:
Do you need the same year SC and V-8 donor bird to make it easier?
Randy
89-90's are the hardest but work best with a 91-92 5.0.
91-92's are pretty straightforward and work best with a 91-92 5.0.
93's should only be attempted with a 93 5.0.
94-95 5spds can be done with the 93 5.0.
94-95 auto's could use a 93 5.0 and but they require a 94-95 5.0 Mustang EEC and wire harness. If you use a Mustang 5.0 you will have to make your own motor mounts (and the headers won't fit).

One major snafu is the motor mount brackets on the 93 up MN12's. They are not interchangeable with the earlier models and replacements are NOT available from Ford.

One major snafu is the motor mount brackets on the 93 up MN12's.
Can that be fixed by using the uppers of the 5.0 and the lowers of the SC bracket? What about the AC system, and powersteering pump since they are in a different location on the 5.0. Just curious?

Thomas

Thomas is putting in a V8! LOL I knew it.

You can't mix and match the mounts, doesn't work. You can either make new lower brackets or you have to find the right year.

As for the AC, you just need all the hardware from the donor car. All of it. With your AOD it will be a much easier swap than the V6 swap you did for your buddy (that was nuts but kudos to you anyway!). :D

Thomas is putting in a V8! LOL I knew it.
What??? I don't know what your talking about Dave. :confused:

I was just wondering, as I was curious in a general sense. So I guess whoever does this has to dump thier nice coooold refrigerent. That kinda sucks. That is why most people probably don't do it, huh? The power steering lines still line up though?

Thomas

Looks awesome Chris! Can't wait to see the end results! Any plans on making some baseline runs w/o the blower? Hope this one treats you better. :D

Back