New lightweight supercharger pulleys!

BT Motorsports

At the request of many, BTM is pleased to announce the release of our new lightweight 5% and 10% press on supercharger pulleys. These new lightweight billet aluminum pulleys come in approximately 70% lower weight than the stock early style supercharger pulley. Exact weights and pictures will be released over the weekend. As an introductory special, the following group buy will be in effect until April 23rd.
7-14 pieces $60+shipping
15+ pieces $60+free shipping to the lower 48 states (Alaska, Hawaii and Canada will receive a credit of $6 toward actual shipping costs, email your address for a quote).
These pulleys will be anodized clear and install in place of your stock blower pulley without any modifications. Take advantage of our special on billet aluminum supercharger pulley nuts as as part of your supercharger dress up. Keep an eye out for our stainless bolt kits for the supercharger case, supercharger top, intake manifold and fuel rail scheduled for release in 1 week.

Paul

Last edited:
I'm First

Hey Paul, I'll take a 5%. Please if you may hold the nut I bought, and ship it together to combine the shipping that would be great. Thank You!!! Jerome

Hook me up too Paul, 5% will do for my 95... Prices good till 23rd..... I get paid on the 22nd so that will work..

RJ

Wanna get me a total price on a 10% and a close ended nut shipped to British Columbia Canada? Then I will send you the money now instead of waiting the 2 weeks like I originally said I would (rent money can wait, lol)

Ok, lets start an official list:
1. Jerome 5%
2. Flip 10%
3. RJ 5%
4. b00stedv6biRd 10%
5. Tazer 10%
6. Conan56 (U)
7. Brianas 5%
8. Douglas Walker 5%
9. Jeff Bratton 5%
10. Mercthunder5%

Jerome, got it covered.
Tazer, PM or email me your full address so I can get you a quote.

Paul

Last edited:
kamakazie_1 said:
Hook me up too Paul, 5% will do for my 95... Prices good till 23rd..... I get paid on the 22nd so that will work..

RJ

Paul, your gonna give me a complex!! Don't forget me...

RJ

Paul, Do you know what the weight difference is between the "old" style 5% ESM pulley, and the "new" 5% pulley?

joenintiesc said:
Paul, Do you know what the weight difference is between the "old" style 5% ESM pulley, and the "new" 5% pulley?
Joe, a question like that really puts me on the spot and I have to refrain from answering it directly. These new pulleys are not being made by ESM, these are BTM pieces. What I will say is that the ESM pulleys are now all 10 rib pieces and are directed toward those who are running higher end motors and racing applications where belt slip is a primary concern. I am moving ESM products into a more of a racing target audience within the SC community and taking over the remaining areas of product development and offering.

You are welcome to weigh the ESM pulley for your own comparison purposes, but I ask that you refrain from interjecting it into this thread.

Paul

Paul, I don't really understand your response. You are the one who are promoting these as "New lightweight supercharger pullies". Naturally, my impression was that these "new" pullies would be lighter in comparison to the 5% and 10% pullies you'd been selling previously. Of course, it's a given that an aluminum pulley would be lighter than the (stock) steel pulley, so I though you were making a comparison between the previous od pulley, and the "new" ones you are promoting.

I don't really need to weigh the ESM 5% pulley that I purchased from you, because the weight is already stated by you on your website. So is the weight difference from stock, which I can compare to the new pulley you are selling.

I'm not trying to be an a$$ here or anything, but I think my question was somewhat legitimate! I was simply trying to determine if the weight savings was significant enough to warrant purchasing your new pulley over the other one I already have.

I hope I didn't post anything here that you didn't want said from your request "I ask that you refrain from interjecting it into this thread." Even though it's already public knowledge that you have made available, I will delete this post if you want me to!

Naturally, my impression was that these "new" pullies would be lighter in comparison to the 5% and 10% pullies you'd been selling previously.
This is correct.
the weight is already stated by you on your website.
Also correct.
I'm not trying to be an a$$ here or anything,
I understand your intentions.
What I am getting at is I am not trying to pit the two products against each other. I realize that the educated consumer or one who chooses to educate him/herself can decide what they should do since the information is available already. What I am trying to say here is I would like to avoid a discussion about which pulley to get and why within this thread. Those who will be purchasing this pulley should be doing so by their own decision, I dont want it to appear I am trying to direct business toward or away from either product as I continue to expand the product line. In a short time from now, I will be changing the website layout and providing detailed information about both products and the advantage and disadvantages of each. For now, lets let this go and allow people who choose to get in on this purchase do so from their own decision making. I hope you are following what I am trying to say and no, I have no expectations or request for you to edit or delete your post.

On a different note, if we hit 15 by monday (I am pretty confident we will get 15 orders total), I will start accepting payments at that time till the close of the buy.

Paul

scotte said:
the pulley will ship before the end of the group purchase tho right ??

(just checking)
No, a group purchase is conducted to give the average consumer a greater buying power due to the volume of the order. First, an interest in the product is gauged to determine the discount tier. Next, payments are accepted over a set period of time to give everyone who has expressed interest enough fair time to commit to purchasing at a given price. At the end of the group buy, a tally is taken to be certain all who said they would purchase came through and that the proposed discount level was reached. Next the orders are shipped. I conduct group purchases different than they are typically handled because I allow everything to pay me then drop ship each individual order to the customers. Most group purchases are performed with a single customer gathering everyones money, making the payment then receiving the everyones order and then taking on the burden of distribution to those involved. Since this is a new product offering this group purchase has been organized to offset the cost of R&D as well as material on my part while passing savings along to the customer. By the time the GP closes, production will be complete on the pulleys and they will have shipped to be anodized. Typically, there is a 2 week turnaround time on anodizing but that changes daily so I cannot quote an exact date of shipment until the pulleys are received by the anodizing company. My expectations are that everyone will receive their order before May 1st. It was my intention to post this information Sun evening prior to accepting payments so everyone would be aware of the lead time involved prior to commitment.

Paul

ok that fine by me i just wanted to make sure i would get it at least a week before v6fordchallange2004 :D on may 29-30th

thanks

p.s are you going to post pics sometime soon ?

Back