Offical SC/XR7 2004 Shootout Rules

I don't mind racing against the whipple guys. That's not really my point. I just think it's silly that a modified class would exclude a camshaft modification yet allow H-beam rods, stud girdles, modified heads, rockers, FMIC, etc. It just doesn't fit. A stock camshaft rule should apply to a stock class, not a modified class.
I don't think that there should be more classes added. I think it's good to have a bunch of cars in each class.

Instead of having close door to door racing,You, just like a few others want to go to the tack and run your highly modified set up against a stock SC with bolt on's and win by half the track. :confused:

I made a post about this. for fairness.Not to make the rules more lopsided.

I am one of the two that made the rules for the 2004 Shootout.And I stated
then that when the dyno numbers came in for the whipples .And if there was huge gains.That they should be bumped up a class.Or let the ones with whipples run against SC with cam and nitrous ,to even out the horse power number.

Randy

Last edited:
Randy,
I'm not sure where you got that assumption but it's WAY off what I'm trying to say.

I've been hot rodding cars and hanging around garages for 20 years and it is generally accepted amongst muscle car enthusiasts that the basic bolt-on mods are intake, cam, and exhaust. Every mullet wearing Camaro driver knows that the first thing you do, is put on a 4 barrel carb with a cam to match, and headers with dual exhaust. It just seems silly to me that in a class called "modified", that all kinds of hard core race stuff is allowed but the car has to have a stock cam. It's just weird.

Maybe it's just symantics. Maybe it's the names of the classes that I think is off. The definition of Pro-Street is usually a car with a roll cage and narrowed 9 inch rear end with wheel tubs and huge fat tires.

I want to run with the "Big Dogs", don't get me wrong.

Back