Thread: new exhaust stock sound?

new exhaust stock sound?

I'm looking into getting a new exhaust and I don't want it loud. I would like it to sound completely stock. Does anyone know the best way to go about doing this or what the best resanators for high flow and low sound?

Thanks
    Mitchell

Do a search... For a good quiet exhaust you could port your manifolds, get some new downtubes,high flow cats and a Magnaflow resonator. Then 3 inch pipe out of the resonator past the gas tank to the rear where it Y's off to a pair of mufflers. I am using Dynamax SuperTurbos and they sound good to me. Not loud at all. Flowmaster makes a cat back kit and mufflers that some have used. Borla's are a popular choice too. Check SuperCoupe Performance to get some ideas.

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/

I too got the Magnaflow Resonator, high flow cats, and Flowmaster mufflers from SCP. Bill did an excellent job on all the bends as it fit perfectly. The only complaint I have about that system is he didn't put it in my car for me..It is a very deep and throaty sound without that crappy 6 banger w/ glass packs or ricer sound. It may be a tad louder, but it does not have that vacuum cleaner sound. It feels like I lost a little on the bottom end (power wise) from it as it can breath now, but regardless, I love it!

I bought the Flowmaster Force II kit, Flowmaster resonator, and Down Tubes with High Flow Cats from SCP a few weeks ago, haven't received my down tubes yet. Just waiting for those so I can install my exhaust with Shane.