air marshal losses handgun in airport

thundersc

Banned
CLEVELAND(AP) A federal air marshal accidentally left her gun in a restroom at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, an airport spokeswoman said Friday.

A passenger found the semiautomatic handgun Thursday and notified an airport employee. The employee then told airport police, who secured the weapon, said the spokeswoman, Pat Smith.

"They later found it belonged to a federal air marshal who apparently was using the restroom and put it up on the shelf while she was washing her hands and forgot about it," Smith said.

Dave Adams, a spokesman for the federal Air Marshal Service, said the marshal, whose name was not released, probably would be suspended.

"The air marshal realized within five minutes that she had lost her weapon, went back to the police department and it was subsequently returned to her," Adams said. "Obviously, we are very concerned about the situation."

There were no delays or other disruptions at the airport.

YA FEEL SAFE WITH THEM NOW?

I'm surprised she forgot it when she was washing her hands ... much more likely it was in a concealed carry poster and when she dropped her pants to use the loo, she took it off and put it on the TP holder... I'm always super aware of that when I take off my pistol...

What do you expect, was probably her 5 flight of the day. From what I have heard/read/seen they are way short on manpower because of all the agents leaving, based on the 60+ hours work week and little to know multiple days off to recoup. but that doesn't excuse her from leaving her sidearm in a restroom, what did she have it unholstered for in the first place, cleaning it under the sink??? :confused:

theres no excuse to leaving your gun unnatended , at least down here in mexico if a police officer for ANY reason the gun ends up in someone elses hand he is off the force , taking care fo your gun is one of the most important things you should be aware.

Back