OMG...Honda Civic story...

89SCK@t

I was at the machine shop last night, even though Im not even supposed to be outta bed at all...(long story short, I lost between a van and my body) and I was making fun of one of the guys that work for driving a Honda...I mean come on...its a Honda.

Well, after about 2 hours of me saying that even w/o 2nd gear right now, I would still kill him, and other misc things...he got fed up and told me to get into his car. He drives down to the other end of the street and proceeds to rev a little and instructs me to belt up. I comply while rolling my eyes.

All of a sudden he friggin guns it and holds the steering wheel all the way to the left, he hits 2nd gear, still holding the wheel to the left, finally in 3rd he straightens the wheel out, and hits 4th...We are coming up on this massive turn and he doesnt slow down, I dont know what his speed was, cause his speedometer was broken, but around the turn he kicked out the rear end and drifted around it...freakin awesome...I had to give him props. The entire time that he was tearing a$$ the tach was pinned past 8k RPM and the tach was only 8k RPM.

He then took one of his customers out and half-way through the straight blows both of his half-shafts apart. It was a horrifying sound, and he yelled, "That always happens! Piece o' **** Honda half-shafts!"

All I can say is that is the quickest N/A VTEC honda I have ever been in. Hopefully my last. It was impressive...I am so sorry to say that cause I despise Honda's with a passion. Oh and this one looks like any normal Honda civic body wise...the only mod I can tell that it has on the outside is the rims, which are 17" 12 spoke silver colored...

Anyway...I don't know why I wrote this...maybe its just a warning to those folks that are in the area and see the car...dont race it!

Stephen

Dont feel bad, theres one running around here that uses a head made by my buddie and he's taken everybody's money. Some of those cars do run, but the majority do not know what there doing with them. I know its hard for most people to believe but they can be made to run damn good!

Well,

In my opinion, almost anything can be made to go fast. My question is why on earth someone would want to make a Piece OF $#!% Honda go fast. In the end you are going fast in a piece of $#!%

With that being said, it never ceases to amaze me how people can pay $15K for a P O S and then spend an additional 30K making it fast!!! :rolleyes: Hell, why not just go out and buy a friggin CORVETTE to start with. At least then you will be driving a world class sports car and not a PIECE! :D :D :D

Just my .02

Dirtybird91
Frank :cool:

why on earth someone would want to make a Piece OF $#!% Honda go fast. In the end you are going fast in a piece of $#!%

Most non enthusiasts are inclined to view our cars as pieces of $%^&. Everything is subjective man. IMO Honda's are damn fine cars. My wife before she met me bought her first (and only)car at an auction, a 1990 Acura integra, for 700 bucks. (she was fresh out of highschool) I met her a little while after this, and it was obvious that the previous owners had not taken care of it. Now my wife never trashed the car but she didnt take the greatest care for it either, and while it may have ocasional little problems, the damned thing is still running strong well over 230xxx, and handles brilliantly.

Is it kicky fast and gods gift to performance? No. But for the money paid it was a damned good investment. I've offered to purchase her a newer, nicer vehicle, but my wife prefers to keep it, because she loves it.

That having been said, should she ever decide to move onto another daily driver, we are definitely going to drop a new ls engine in there and turbo the lil bastard, so that we can enjoy smoking Corvette's and other performance vehicles, for a lot less money than it took a lot of guys to be able to do in an SC.

SC, Honda, even the GN, most non performance enhusiasts are not going to think anything of our cars, and we are all going to be enjoying the sleeper effect. (The above statement does not refer to any riced out big chrome wheel giant winged vehicles :rolleyes: )

Yeah, we have two of em' runnin' around down/up here around quakertown, ones purple n/a runs nice and then...

None the less, two red basic looking civics with clear taillights and turbos... yeah, turbos on a civic?! its freakin rediculous but when the one spun through second and into third at a stop light, i kinda sat back and had to say "Cool!"

jOe

honda's and ricers..

I've kinda changed my opinion on the whole honda/ricer thing.... Now for ME the only thing that's a real car is Rear wheel drive with V8 ( OR supercharged V6 ...ha ha ) power.... but that's just me. If you ignore the Extreme Ricers that are all 'bling bling', there are some pretty cool hondas and other japanese cars i have to say. And i've met some pretty cool kids that come into where i work lookin for parts to fix up their cars....at least younger guys are into cars again. Anyway if we all like the same thing it would be boring, wouldn't it?

With that being said, it never ceases to amaze me how people can pay $15K for a P O S and then spend an additional 30K making it fast!!! Hell, why not just go out and buy a friggin CORVETTE to start with.
It's a good thing we all know you are joking here Frank, cause I'd hate to hear what people have to say about you and me. :rolleyes:

Honda

Yes Honda can often be unpredictebly fast...
Kids around here put newer engines into the older body civics...
I have a shell of a 90 civic that I would like to put a 2.2L Vtec engine into...
The problem is I have to cut away half of the #$@&ing car to make it fit...

I think that everyone who drives a civic knows that it's a pos but when your're in a 1800Lb car with 200whp(very close to stock) that looks completely stock and a V8 mustang rolls up wanting to feed off the pos...something magical happens, the mustang gets rolled.
I just like that "sleeper" feeling when in a car...
when I'm in my SC everybody thinks that the car is fast and that ruins all of the fun...

Streetrace

I live in Indiana and about every weekend the whole crew heads over the brigde into Louisville, KY. Friday/Saturday nights there are always all sorts of cool cars from sooped up civics to 750 RWH Dogde Vipers with 150 shot nitrous...now that's cool.
I have witnessed Honda at its best and at that point they end up in front of the stock ferreris that the rich guys drive down...
I've seen all the crazy 4 cly. and one 4 cyl. always comes out on top the 4G63 2.0L eclipse motors...I mean **** when you see a 4 banger pull the front wheels on take off while it's sprinkling outside.
The same one is always down there too...it's pissed I've seen this guy race everyone...
Gran Nationals go down...camaro ss goes down...even the 750 HP Viper would have a hard time with this Talon that seems to be unbeatable...

In case anybody would like to come down the racing is on 11th &13th streets off of Broadway...just follow all the crazy cars...Friday nights are usually a little better than Saturday nights, it depends though...
The viper/corvette race was amazing...the pinnacle of street racing...
A 95/96 silver viper showed up with a license plate reading, corvettekiller. Well aparently one of the guys in the crowd didn't like the plate so he got his corvette and pulled next to the viper...I was shitting my pants by this point...
The corvette was stingray (427 baby!) with twin turbos...that's gotta hurt...
The guy was telling everybody that it had 1000 whp while the guy in the viper admitted to 750 whp with a little something extra (150shot)...
Well the raced twice the first time the viper got pull on by about 3 full car lengths in a matter of eighth-quarter mile...it was obvious that the viper missed second bad so they reraced only this time the viper hit second hard and lost a second time by about half a car length...I hope he enjoyed eating his liscence plate.

Id be careful down here too. Theres an 89 Civic hatchback primer grey, nothing but an eyesore, but it has a S2000 VTEC in it with a Turbonetics T-56 on it plus a Blowzilla BOV.

It may not be a 750hp Viper but its a helluva Five-O eater. :eek:

dfbhlgfaerlf!!....are you sure about that man? :rolleyes: I thought S2000's were RWD...I really cant see an 89 hatchy being converted to RWD :confused:

XR7 Dave

XR7 Dave said:
It's a good thing we all know you are joking here Frank, cause I'd hate to hear what people have to say about you and me. :rolleyes:

That's true Dave, but at least guys like you and I have class! You have to admit, we would look like jack@$$es on a HONDA board bragging about SC's. :rolleyes:

Frank :D

I stumbled across these pics on honda tech, and since we are talking about impressive honda's (and there has not been any really nice SC eye-candy posted in a while..) I thought I would share.....
gallery%2Farticles%2Fquang%2Fgallery%2F02%2Ejpg
gallery%2Farticles%2Fquang%2Fgallery%2F03%2Ejpg
gallery%2Farticles%2Fquang%2Fgallery%2F08%2Ejpg
gallery%2Farticles%2Fquang%2Fgallery%2F10%2Ejpg

Last edited:
Back