Spring Perches for Mark LCA's

Just to show,
These 2 pieces are made for the rear suspension to serve as a proper spring cup, and height spacing for the spring to sit on. This is needed when switching from Stock steel Rear lower control arms, to Aluminum rear lower control arms (AKA Mark VIII H - Arms) which normally use AIR BAGS.
Because the bottom of the spring will be in a lower position on the Aluminum unit, this spacer corrects the height, and also angles the spring base to sit nice and flat. Results show the height is restored back to match the front suspension height, and evening the car out. (instead of having the rear squatting down)

This has already been done buy an owner who was kind enough to share his plans (pictures below) for having the part CNC machined (this is discussed in more detail on TCCOA), the plans are being duplicated, If I understand correctly the first set will be tested and measured before the full run just to be extra sure. Sam already has 11 sets spoken for, we need about 17-19 more to get the ball rolling. Although I suspect their maybe be interest for even more than 9 sets, unless a similar solution has already been developed.

perch_prints.JPG

perch_pic.JPG

50 perches - $130 a set
40 perches - $140 a set
30 perches - $150 a set.

The price was quoted from another shop at about 3 times the cost to machine these out of 6061, so this pricing seems reasonable if there is enough interest it will happen.

Thanks to Sam!

Last edited:
Thank you Don. I appreciate your post (I was in a hurry when I did that original post). Everything is as Don said with pricing as he quoted. We need a few more people and I will have the prototype made. After the prototype is made we will test fit it and install it on a vehicle in here in Colorado and measure everything so everyone knows that it works as it is supposed. And just to clarify the thanks go to Mike Tuck who created the plans and was willing to share with no concern for his personal profit.

Sam

As an update. We are going through the the GP at the $150 rate, please see the TCCoA thread for more info or email me directly at sdavis3@ch2m.com for any questions.

A correction for anyone interested, the drawing posted on here shows the perch angle at 11 degrees, the correct angle is actually 5.5 degrees. Thank you Mike Tuck for the design and catching that for us.

Sam

Last edited:
Everyone who has paid should have received and email from me this morning giving the following update to the time line. Following is a quote from the email for everyone who is interested but has not paid. So they are officially in production so if anyone was waiting to make sure it went through, it has. I will be placing the final order on May 28th so if you are going to be getting some at this price I will need to receive payment by that date. I will be talking to Don about a price for anyone who wants to order them after this one at a time. The cost will not be the same, however since the prototyping and CAD work will all be completed it will be nowhere near the cost being quoted from other shops. So if interested please get in contact with me at sdavis3@ch2m.com

"Ok this is an update for everyone who has paid. I wanted to give everyone a time frame for everything. I spoke with Don from the machine shop and he should have the prototype completed no later than next Friday. I will be picking it up from him and then delivering it to Max who will be installing it in his Tbird as soon as I provide it to him. I was hesitant to have him begin the prototype because that is where the majority of his costs are incurred. However we have 9 sets paid for and so I have fronted the additional money to hit the 15 sets price point. Because of the delay in committing, we were put behind a rush order from Pepsi for some factory rollers. Once I have the prototype made and test fitted in Max's car it will take 1 week to complete the order. So if all goes well with no unanticipated delays everyone should have their perches by the 11th of June. That was the bad news."

There is some good news for everyone that purchases a set with this GP. FOr more information send me payment

Sam

Yes, these will be used in conjunction with spring isolators.

I plan on using Urethane spring isolators.

As Don said yes spring isolators are reccomended. You will be able to reuse your stock isolators or you could acquire some urethane ones and swap to the longer lasting ones while your at it. If you are interested or have any more questions please feel free to email me at sdavis3@ch2m.com I only get on the SCCoA once or twice a day...

Sam

update

Although we have only one order from the SCCoA I wanted to give an update. The prototypes are finished and should be installed tonight in the test vehicle. Pictures of them can be seen here If anyone is sitting back and waiting to see if this will happen, it is. I have 11 confirmed sets sold. I have to place a minimum of 15 sets in order to get the price. The price will go up after this initial GP. For more info feel free to PM me, emails me(sdavis3@ch2m.com), or post a reply in anyone of of the threads on here or over on TCCoA.

Sam

Back